Thread: Fix: System File Checker SFC cannot repair corrupted member file

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Post Fix: System File Checker SFC cannot repair corrupted member file

If after you have run the System File Checker (SFC) you get an error message:

Cannot repair member file

Could not repair corrupted file

Microsoft suggests you try this:

1. At an elevated command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

takeown /f Path_And_File_Name

For example, type takeown /f E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER to grant administrators full access to the file:

icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F

For example, type icacls E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grant administrators:F.

Hope it helps!

3. Type the following command to replace the file with a known good copy of the file:

Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination

For example, type copy E:\temp\jscript.dll E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.

See this if you receive Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service error.

tazmo8448 is offline New Member

Default Unable to get CMD promp info to work

I was unable to use the link info to trackdown why I am getting the error message in SFC /SCANNOW "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

I ran the DISM cmd and it came back with an error 87. and was unable to run it.

Using the info above and replacing the E and F with C in my case (the OS drive) i couldn't get it to work. Please advise, basically I have no idea what the path and file name is and am lost as a babe in the woods.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

This is an old thread.
    It was posted 29th September 2012.....

I remember some problems with file ownership and sfc years ago, it might have been what is mentioned above.
    But iīm not sure if this is still relevant today.
    Usually such errors are fixed by Microsoft in the monthly updates.
    And i donīt remember seeing any posts about this since then, so it was probably fixed a long time ago.....

Have you got the errormessages mentioned above ?

Quote Originally Posted by tazmo8448 View Post
    Using the info above and replacing the E and F with C in my case (the OS drive) i couldn't get it to work.
    I donīt understand what you mean, which commands have you used ?

Krodd128 is offline New Member

I received the same error message when i entered "Dism /online /cleanuo-image /restorehealth" i see the problem here but i was wonder if you could help me troubleshoot my Bsod issue, i recently updated my system to windows 8.1 thinking it would help my case, but about a month into it i start getting Blue screens with the error "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" and i could use a hand.. Thank you for your time

-I just completed the operation and my "component store corruption was repaired" i'll repost if the problem consists and under what circumstances
    Last edited by Krodd128; 17th June 2015 at 23:37.