11th October 2013, 04:10 #1
Disable Tooltips in Firefox Browser
Tooltips helps a user understand what function of a particular feature in a browser is. For instance, the bookmark bar explains how you can bring the feature to work. Veterans find it however of little use and therefore disable such Tooltips to avoid distractions during work. You too can disable Tooltips in Firefox browser in few simple steps. Here’s how!
- Type about:config in Firefox's address bar and hit on the enter key afterwards.
- Confirm that you will be careful if this is the first time that you are accessing the page.
- Paste browser.chrome.toolbar_tips into the search form on top.
- The preference is of the boolean type, which means that it can either be true (enabled) or false (disabled).
- Just double-click on the name to change to false to disable tooltips.
No need to restart your computer.