Windows 7 could not start backup on local computer Error 1053
really desperate from some help with backing up files etc.
Running windows 7,
Dont have the back up option in control panel but see below
In msc services windows backup, tried to start service message was
windows could not start backup on local computer error 1053
In the control panel windows security tab, a dialogue box says the back up could not start due to an internal error
the service did not respond to the start/control request in a timely fashion error code 0x8007041d
Now wondering if a next release of .net is released, won't it include all features of previous versions!
Checked the error code on Microsoft. It says you need to apply latest service pack to .Net 1.1. Try it.
23rd November 2014, 23:46 #3
How to easily fix Windows Update 0x8007041d error?
There are two (2) ways to fix Windows Update 0x8007041d Error:
Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):
1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.
4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.
5) Click Next on the confirmation window.
6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.
Novice Computer User Solution (completely automated):
1) Download (Windows Update 0x8007041d) repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
23rd November 2014, 23:48 #4
http win-wik dot org/download
Not permitted to post urls.. make it a url and it should download the repair utility.
as for the other error google /kb885055
Last edited by chrisbuck9; 23rd November 2014 at 23:52.
24th November 2014, 04:17 #5
^ Hmmm... the first link downloads Reimage Repair, which I think is a shareware. It requires you to BUY it.
The second link KB - talks of How to obtain Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.