HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

Default How to downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 / 7 after a clean install

If you want to downgrade or go back to your previous version of your Windows operating system, you'll need to reinstall your version of Windows from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC, says Microsoft. This is if you have clean installed Windows 10.

If you don't have recovery media:

1. For Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Before you update, you might be able to create recovery media from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer's website for more info.
    2. For Windows 8.1 or Windows 8: You might be able to create a USB recovery drive. For more info, see Create a USB recovery drive. If you didn’t create a USB recovery drive before you installed the preview, you can create installation media for Windows 8.1.

You can also downgrade from Windows 10 using EaseUS System GoBack.

Also see:

1. How to uninstall Windows 10 Technical Preview
    2. Rollback from Windows 10 to your previous version of Windows.

dude905 is offline New Member

You can downgrade to a prior windows version if there isn't any available . How can one downgrade from a clean installation since the hard drive only has the clean install windows, So how does one downgrade from there ? One must have a OS software whether it be a recovery disc or a full windows version other wise it's impossible to downgrade . So please don't make it sound like one can downgrade froma clean installation when one can't without the circumstance

I'm guessing this forum site hasn't heard of an edit option or delete the thread

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Oh yes, we have heard about editing a post...
    New members have limited permissions, and are not allowed to edit, only delete their own posts.
    This prevents spammers from editing a post and adding unallowed text & URLīs later on,
    fx. a few days after the post have been checked by us (Moderators).

After seeing your post above i decided to doublecheck the settings, new members are allowed to delete their posts.
    But, there is no link to click on to actually do it...
    This is a "bug", the delete-button is only available in the editor, and if you canīt edit the post...
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention, iīm going to investigate this.

If you have double-posted like above, you can use the report-function and ask us (moderators) to delete one of the posts.
    Last edited by hackerman1; 12th October 2015 at 15:16.

Okay that explain it but you deleted the wrong post for me I wanted the second one deleted ...
    Last edited by hackerman1; 12th October 2015 at 19:54.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dude905 View Post
    Okay that explain it but you deleted the wrong post for me I wanted the second one deleted ...
    I deleted the second post, and they looked identical...

Quote Originally Posted by dude905 View Post
    You can't downgrade to a prior windows version if there isn't any available ....
    .....So please don't make it sound like one can downgrade froma clean installation.....
    Who said anything about downgrading without having the previous operating system still installed ?
    Read the first post again.
    It explains how to downgrade.

And please donīt repeat what you have already posted above.
    Last edited by hackerman1; 12th October 2015 at 19:55.