HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Start Menu tab missing in Windows 10 Taskbar properties

If you find that the Start Menu tab is missing in Taskbar properties in Windows 10, the reason could possibly be that you are using a non-touch computer.

In such cases, you will not see the Start Menu tab. Moreover, certain settings in the Navigation tab will also be grayed out and not available, as these are relevant for touch-screen devices only.

UPDATE: See below. Microsoft has done away with that tab and moved those settings.

DarkMoon is offline New Member

Default Touch Screen but no Start Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    If you find that the Start Menu tab is missing in Taskbar properties in Windows 10, the reason could possibly be that you are using a non-touch computer.

In such cases, you will not see the Start Menu tab. Moreover, certain settings in the Navigation tab will also be grayed out and not available, as these are relevant for touch-screen devices only.
    Hi, I have a "Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points" screen (XPS 15) but my Start Menu tab is missing. In an earlier build I'm sure I had the Start Menu instead of the Start Screen, but now I only have the Start Screen, and no apparent way to change it.

Any thoughts?
    Ta, DM.

Actually, I think Microsoft has done away with that tab and moved those settings to the Navigation tab. It also offers full-screen Start. The Start Screen can be activated when you activate Tablet Mode in Windows 10. Maybe you make the changes in the Tablet Mode settings.

Inx
    Inx is offline New Member

Default Start Menu Tab Missing--> Want Windows 8.1 Start Screen

Is There Any Other Way To Get Back Windows 8.1 Start Screen In Windows 10. Coz There Is No Start Menu Tab in "Taskbar And Navigation Properties" Whether Someone Using Touch Screen Device Or Non-Touch.
    Last edited by Inx; 5th August 2015 at 17:20.

bluezer is offline New Member

Thanks. Tablet mode is what was causing the problem. A bit confusing but if its a tablet I guess you don't need tablet mode. Now my desktop is back with all I've put there and the start menu comes up in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Inx View Post
    Is There Any Other Way To Get Back Windows 8.1 Start Screen In Windows 10. Coz There Is No Start Menu Tab in "Taskbar And Navigation Properties" Whether Someone Using Touch Screen Device Or Non-Touch.
    How to make Start Menu full screen in Windows 10
    Enable Start Screen in Windows 10