Considerations for Assistive Technologies users in Windows 10
After upgrading to Windows 10, those of you who are using Assistive Technologies (AT), like screen readers or magnifiers, may want to take a note of these points:
- Your experience on Windows 10 will be similar in many ways to what you are accustomed to on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
- In addition, Windows 10 introduces new features and applications
- Set your default web browser to Internet Explorer for a more accessible web browsing experience.
- Install a 3rd party PDF reader like Adobe Reader, for a more accessible PDF reading experience.
- Use the Outlook and Office desktop applications for a more accessible email and productivity experience.
If your experiences are not what you expected, you may:
- Contact the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk
- Contact your AT manufacturer.
Full details at MSDN.