smita is offline New Member

Default The properties for this item are not available in Windows 10

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (free upgrade provided by Microsoft)

However, after the update, I am not able to see the properties of any file/folder. When I right click any file or folder folder and choose properties, the system hangs and all the active folder windows close when it recovers. Also I get an error that "The properties for this item are not available"

When I right click any file and click properties, the system again hangs and the properties are not shown.

I started the system in safe mode and saw that these errors are not present.

I also clean booted the system as described by Mr. Anand in his post, but still there has been no change.

Kindly advise how to get out of this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Smita

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You say that you do not face this problem in Safe Mode? Then definitely some program is interfering.

You have to enter Clean Boot State and disable one prom after the other, checking each time, when the problem dissappears. This way you will be able to identify the offending program, which you can then disable or remove.

Else it could be a case of registry or system file corruption. Run System File Checker and DISM and see if it helps.