HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Sorry the free upgrade offer has ended! What next?

So you tried to upgrade your Windows PC to Windows 10 and received this message - Sorry the free upgrade offer has ended.

Or maybe you were in the process of downloading Windows 10 and you saw that screen. To have qualified for the free offer, all upgrades must have completed and reached the “Welcome” screen by 11:59 PM UTC-10 (Hawaii) on July 29th; this is one worldwide point in time, says Microsoft.

Microsoft has also said:

Microsoft understands that some people might have had trouble installing in the final days. Contact Microsoft, explain your problem upgrading to Windows 10. Our support agents may be able to help complete the upgrade you started before the deadline.
    So if you did not upgrade, you missed the bus.

So what are your options now?

1. Continue to enjoy using your Windows 7 or Windows 8.
    2. Buy Windows 10 Home at USD 119 or Windows 10 Pro at USD 199.99.
    3. If you confirm that you use Assistive Technologies, you will be still able to upgrade to Windows 10, even after July 29th.

Read more: What happens after Windows 10 free upgrade expiration date.

Image source.

jjstccean is offline New Member

I've upgraded successfully to Windows 10 and had the unfortunate bad luck on the very day the free upgrade ended, my desktop motherboard just died on me and I wonder if the great MS had considered such a scenario with Win 10 still on the drive. I'm hoping that once I've rebuild the box with new motherboard and connect the hard drive [Win 10 system still intact] if I'll be given the opportunity to refresh Win 10 to factory default for the new board. what a pleasure that will be. But alas, I may also have to farm backwards to 8. Any ideas?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator