Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ch4zz is offline New Member

Default Windows won't start - Need help, Quick! Status: 0xc00000e9

Hi, sorry i'm new to these forums and i'm not sure whether i have posted in the correct topic.

I own a EASYNOTE BU Laptop, from Packard Bell.

When i turn on my laptop, i have a black screen come up, with the following text:

Windows Error Recovery
    Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during startup, choose Start Windows Normally.

>>>Launch Startup Repair (recommended)
    >>>Start Windows NOrmally

Seconds until the highlighted choice will be selected automatically: **

Ok, however when i Launch Startup Repair, it waits a few seconds, and puts me on this black screen:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly conncted and the restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has ocurred.

I have no removable hardware on my laptop, however i do have an Internal SD Card Drive, Internal CD/DVD Drive, and 2x Internal USB Drives. So i then turn my computer off and on again, and it comes up with the original screen. But however, when i choose Start Windows Normally, it seems to load fine for a few seconds, then seems to reboot the laptop back to the original screen, so there is no way that i can access my files, it seems to just be going round in a big circle.

Any help is extremely apreciated, as i am out of ideas.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks Again.
    Has anyone got any idea of what this problem is? It just started doing it last night and remains the same this morning.

iMav is offline Gold Member

Considering Startup Repair hasn't solved the issue, you can try doing a system restore, if its some driver update might help you solve it.

Get your laptop checked by some technician could be some connection is loose.

I can't actually access any of the files at the moment, as i cant get onto the main screen of windows vista so i am unable to do a system restore, i have asked on other forums and they have recommended a boot from disk.. which i am currently downloading the files for.. and see if i can go anywhere from there.. thanks

iMav is offline Gold Member

^^ Use any Vista bootable DVD to do a system restore.

oh right ok, well i am currently downloading the disc, will post on here what happened.

James is online now Microsoft MVP

See if you can start in Safe Mode:
    Getting into Windows Safe Mode

Tried this last night, and tried, load from last succesful... just returns me to the first screen.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Your best bet would be to try and get into safe mode. It is my personal experience on more two recent occassions atleast, that if you cant get into safe mode right away try a couple of times and you could succeed.

Try Safe Mode or Last Known Good Configuration, alternately.

If you can get in, you should try a System Restore.

If you cant - Boot from your Vista / bootable DVD > Select System Recovery Option > Select Repair Computer > Choose your installation of Windows > Select 'Startup Repair' > Follow the instructions.

Else using the bootable DVD try a system restore.

In such cases Windows is un-predictable. You may or may not succeed.

Hope someone comes up with a better idea.

Also see if something at What to do if Windows won't start correctly helps you.

seti is offline Member

this sounds like a problem with the lap top go and get it checked out

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

most frequently i see this screen if the windows was not properly shutdown or if the installation of updates got interrupted. try all the suggestions given above and if after applying all the suggestions, it will not get fixed, give a fresh installation to end all your problems....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast