dsz21 is offline New Member

Default Recover Deleted 'Recovery Folder/File' from D Drive HP Pavillion dv5-1235dx

Pls help !!! I have HP's dv5 laptop (Windows Vista 64 bit) and I accidently deleted the "Recovery Folder/File" from D and also from the Recycle bin to gain more storage space.

The disk space still shows high, even after deletion. I had made recovery disks when I first started using this new laptop.
    I learnt lately (after deletion) that the ‘Recovery File/Folder’ should not be deleted from D drive. As such my machine is perfectly all right.

My concern is now that should I use the Recovery Discs to restore the system? If I do that, will it take the system to Factory settings? What if I don’t restore the deleted file? The Drive D is visible when I open the drives from “Computer” but I don’t see the D Drive from “HP Care”. I have few other files stored in D Drive but the disk free space is still very low. I could see once more file Program (x86) in Drive D. Also when I tried to perform Disk Clean-up for the D Drive, it was unsuccessful, notifying that the drive is in operation. After deletion of the "Recovery Folder/File", I have made several updates from Windows & HP updates.

What shall I do now – Pls advise. Many Thanks !!!

leofelix is offline Member

Welcome aboard.
    If you use Recovery Disk your PC will be restored to the factory settings, of course.
    What program did you use to delete "Recovery file" folder?
    There are some free software wich can restore deleted files, like PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery 4

iMav is offline Gold Member

To recover the disc space, backup your data on D & format it after that try to create another backup on the D with HP Care. I have not tried this. Considering your current situation where the Recovery partition is as good as useless, I'm suggesting this.

Disclaimer: Try at own risk.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh Kumar MVP View Post
    ^ The best in the category, give a try to it....

taylorose is offline New Member

Don't worry. Deleting won't make your files deleted actually. They are just not visible but still in the hard drive which you saved them at. You can rely on some data recovery programs to help you find them back. You can try Card Data Recovery. Just install this program on your computer and use the function "all recovery", after a while your deleted files will be back soon.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylorose View Post
    Don't worry. Deleting won't make your files deleted actually. They are just not visible but still in the hard drive which you saved them at. You can rely on some data recovery programs to help you find them back. You can try Card Data Recovery. Just install this program on your computer and use the function "all recovery", after a while your deleted files will be back soon.
    Hmm, this thread is 2 years old. I hope the OP is still alive and can read the answer - LOL.