MARY is offline New Member

Default Pleaze help my internet explorer is going crazy

My internet explorer has been tripping since yestrday, it's popping up with a page full of scrible and then when i touch it with the mouse it immediately redirects itself over to another page if it doesnt go throuh it gives "oops it appears to be broken " and i havnt even attempted t tryto open it yet, then if i try to use it it says internet explorer is not woking and close or it will give the same oops message

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

which version of IE are you using? if not using IE8, then you must download and install it before, but if you are using IE8 then i suggest you to do following...

1. block pop-ups : click on tools, then select pop-up blocker and then go to pop-up blocker settings, and remove the unwanted address from the list there and turn the pop-up blocker on.

2. Check your homepage : click on tools, then select internet options and then check your homepage, you may use blank, or list your choice there.

3. you may reset IE8 to default : to do this, click on tools, then internet options, then click on advanced tab and then click on reset. it will reset the IE settings to default.
    be careful to do so, you will lost all your settings by doing so.....

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Your IE could have been hijacked. Do try the above steps.

Run your Anti-virus and anti-spyware. Also clear PC junk with CCleaner.

Which IE version are you using? I presume it is IE8 or IE7.

Open Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab. Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default. Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons. The settings which are affected by this are mentioned here. More on the RIES feature of IE7 at Reset Internet Explorer Settings or RIES feature of IE 7. .

This Browser Not Working? Prevent Browser Hijacking - Microsoft Security should most cerainly help you.

leofelix is offline Member

Hi MARY
    welcome,
    In addition to what HappyAndyK wrote,
    please, download MalwareBytes' AntiMalware

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

install it and run a full scan.

Then download to your destop HiJackThis

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...HiJackThis.exe

run it and click "Do a system scan and save a log file", post log file here, I'll look into.

If you cannot run MalwareBytes' AntiMalware and HiJackThis, rename them as "12345.exe" and "abcde.exe"
    Last edited by leofelix; 31st July 2009 at 19:51.