Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    PcMan is offline Beginner

Default Need help with a video card.

Hey guys i was gonna get a new video card i have NVIDIA GeForce 7100 and would like to upgrade. I have a pentium r duel core Cpu E5200@ 2.50 Mhz 2 cores. I just need a little help about what to look for and were should i get it. I have a few that i looked at but not sure if they will work with my system.

Here are the ones i looked at

BFG BFGE951024GTE Video Card BFG GeForce 9500GT 1GB GDDR2 VD 3Dfuzion GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB 128-bit PCI Express 2.0 Video Card-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

I need this for that one Intel Core2 Duo processor don;t think it would work.

Evertop GeForce 9500GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express (PCIe) DVI Low Profile Video Card w/TV-Out Evertop 288-20N45-400LG

Any help would be much app.

seti is offline Member

I have been told it depends if you play games or not. If you do not play games then I am told that you should stick with what you have as it is not worth the expense. Other than that JR is good at these things and I am sure he might advise better.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

u got a nice overclockable processor couple it with good Gskill or Mushkin rams and a good cpu cooler

If you dont know overclocking don go to try and screw ur pc..

As seti said if u play games go for 4850 or a GTX series or a 9800GTX is fine..else don shell out unnecesarily..

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I do not think that the 9500GT will do anything for you. You probably will not see the difference to the 7100. I installed it on my system because I thought it would do better than my on-board graphics chip set. But I cannot see any change. For any serious gaming, the 9500GT is too weak anyhow.

PS: I got mine from Newegg.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Hello PCman, Can you give some more information about what you will be using your system for and why you think you need the upgrade. Also can you give me all your specs and I will help you with improvements.

Motherboard, RAM for example 4MB @ 800MHz RAM etc

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    Hello PCman, Can you give some more information about what you will be using your system for and why you think you need the upgrade. Also can you give me all your specs and I will help you with improvements.

Motherboard, RAM for example 4MB @ 800MHz RAM etc

Thanks for all the info guys. I was gonna upgrade so i can play Gta4, and it needs atleast a 7900 video card plus most games i try to play i can't.. And iam not sure how to find the stuff u are asking me. If u want to explain it i,ll look for it.
    Last edited by PcMan; 8th September 2009 at 05:11.

Its not a problem PCman I also play GTA4 I have a 2.4GHz Intel Quad core Q6600 Overclocked to 3.0GHZ, 7GB RAM @ 800MHz and a Nvidia 9800GT 1GB GFX card. I still struggle now with frame rate issues on that game. You would be better of saving a bit longer and getting a 8800GT or something from the 8800 range if you are considering playing newly released games. Consider Batman Arkham Asylum as a bench mark as this also requires Physx rather than GTA4 or other sandbox games when trying to meet system specs. JR

It would be your final decision, but is that the best card you can find for your budget?

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

PcMan, Sorry, but this is not a good choice. See the customer reviews here ( Newegg.com - SPARKLE SX94GT512D2L-NM GeForce 9400 GT 512MB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards ) and there it is even cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last