tude09 is offline New Member

Default windows vista - fedora boot problem

hello, i made a huge mistake with my pc the other day. i downloaded fedora 11 and really found out i do not like it at all. my pc had vista home basic x32 on it and now i cant get it back...does anyone have the file or cd i can use for install??? i have key

leofelix is offline Member

Hi welcome aboard

do you have the original Windows Vista DVD?

you are no longer able to log in to Vista after installing Fedora, aren't you?

On the original Microsoft DVD in the "boot" folder there is a program called "bootsect.exe".

run
    bootsect.exe /nt60 c:
    to restore the Vista bootloader.

bootsect.exe /help shows all options

now log in to Windows and uninstall Fedora (I've never used Fedora Linux, I only used Ubuntu and Kubuntu so I cannot tell you more)

Hope it helps
    Last edited by leofelix; 8th September 2009 at 20:54.

tude09 is offline New Member

Default vista

actually no i do not have the dvd, my pc didnt come with one. which i think is retarded, but i do have one on the way from the pc maker. i was just hopin someone had it and could possibly send it to me somehow thru email or so forth. i am to impatient on waitng for this company it was supposed to be here already.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

How about the recovery partition (usually D. Is that still alive and well? If yes, you can reinstall from there.
    BTW: It was your responsibility to burn the recovery DVDs from the recovery partition. Most manufacturers give you the recovery partition in lieu of the DVD. That is handy because you can burn the DVDs from there and you can also reinstall from there.