Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    ricari is offline Beginner

Default Can't update from Vista SP1 to SP2

Just found your site so I join to see if you can help.

I have 3 computors.

#1: Intel duo core 2 E6600 2.40ghz, Vista Ultimate SP1 French
    #2: Intel duo core 2 E4600 2.40ghz,Vista home premiun SP2 French
    #3: Laptop with Vista Ultimate SP2 French

For computor #1:

Ever since Vista SP2 came out, I nerver been able to SP2 from SP1.

When SP1 beta came out, I install beta. When SP1 final came out, Windows update install SP1 final on top of SP1 Beta.

When Vista SP2 came out, Windows update never updated my computor. I downloaded the update from Windows site to my computor. I tried to install SP2 and I get error:80070002.

How can I get SP2?

leofelix is offline Member

Hi
    welcome aboard ricari.
    Please take a glance here

Windows Update error 80070002

It could be also caused by some drivers modified by your PC vendor, in this case you should get in touch with you computer brand customer care to ask what drivers you have to upgrade

[EDIT to say] perhaps this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948537/ may help too
    Last edited by leofelix; 27th November 2009 at 18:54.

Cithel is offline Senior Member

With only the error number its hard for me to help troubleshoot this but a quick google turned up the following link which may be of some help:
    Error 80070002 updates KB936021 KB933579 KB937143

Hope it at least gives you some ideas.

seti is offline Member

You have to uninstall the beat version completely first and then install the service packs. If you still have the problem. Go to up date installed find the service pack and then right click on it and you should be able to uninstall from there.

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    You have to uninstall the beat version completely first and then install the service packs. If you still have the problem. Go to up date installed find the service pack and then right click on it and you should be able to uninstall from there.
    This is the problem, I can't uninstall SP1 since I deleated all the stuff that was useless in SP1 with a program to save space.

Before I delited that, I had a message telling me that if I continue, I will not be able to uninstall SP1, do you want to continue and I answered yes.

So in Windows update, I do not have SP1 listed.

The program is: Windows Vista SP1 File Removal Tool Vsp1cln.exe
    Last edited by ricari; 27th November 2009 at 22:47.

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricari View Post
    So in Windows update, I do not have SP1 listed
    Can you reinstall sp 1?

seti is offline Member

This is the problem, I can't uninstall SP1 since I deleated all the stuff that was useless in SP1 with a program to save space.

Before I delited that, I had a message telling me that if I continue, I will not be able to uninstall SP1, do you want to continue and I answered yes.

So in Windows update, I do not have SP1 listed.

The program is: Windows Vista SP1 File Removal Tool Vsp1cln.exe
    I know what the removal tool is, but if you've done it that way you should not have the problem, because you would have had to remove the beta version in the first place to install the final release of sp1 which it seems you did. With regard to error:80070002. Go to the Windows update Solution centre for an answer there. I would also be inclined to a full sytem check and repair.

Seti,

I've done everything that is said in "Windows update Solution centre" when SP2 came out.

It is also marked that I may never be able to install SP2.

So probably in a few month's, I will buy WIN 7 ultimate. This way, it should be better.

The computor that have this problem is a gamer computor. It only serve to play games.

seti is offline Member

Seti,

I've done everything that is said in "Windows update Solution centre" when SP2 came out.

It is also marked that I may never be able to install SP2.

So probably in a few month's, I will buy WIN 7 ultimate. This way, it should be better.

The computor that have this problem is a gamer computor. It only serve to play games.
    You are probably right to do that, because the only other thing that you can do as far as I know is to do a complete re-install of Vista and then do sp1 and then sp2.

Your right Seti,

But I would have to reinstall about 100 games. Some of them have 25gig, like the complete games of the SIMS 2....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last