hctim56 is offline New Member

Default solutions going backwards

Hello everyone I am hctim56. I have little experience in forums and I hope my thread is not to long. While checking for solutions for some minor problems in my problems reports and solutions area microsoft suggested to me my system might be unstable and suggested going to ther microsoft update site. Soon after I clicked onto the site I encountered this message (the website has encountered a problem and can not display page there was also error# 80070002). Then it went on and offered various options. I tried turning off windows updater server then deleted all info. in the data store folder restarted server and still had the same problem. Another had me enter some text in command prompt. Also to no avail. I could not find that solution again so I can not relay that info. to you. The last one I tried had me remove netframe 1.1 and download and install netframe 1.1 redistribatable when I tried installing the download I received this message. (extracting file failed low memory or corrupted cabinet file). I ran the windows memory diagnostic tool and no problems were reported. In between trying these solutions I had tried at various times to access the microsoft forum that I am registered in each time I encountered there screen saying I am logged in but the the rest of the screen was totally white except for the word done at the bottom indicating it was done loading info. I also noticed that at serveral times durning the day I kept getting references for my problems from microsoft about the solutions being for windows 2000, windows xp and windows server 2000. I guess this would be a good time to tell that I am using windows vista home premium that came on a computer that I bought brand new two years ago.So I know it is a legally licensed copy.I had noticed these same references at various other time while at a microsoft site sometimes getting a message saying the download is not compatible for my system even though it was a windows vista download and there recomendations would be a download for the afore mentioned systems. I never put a whole lot of thought to these previous references in the past. So for those who have not grown tired of listening to my problems. I will give a quick summarization. I still have my original problems. Found some new ones along the way and created one more. (No netframe 1.1) and I am not sure what problems will arise from that. I am not sure how to proceed from here since I seem to be going in the wrong direction. Any info on my problems will be truly appreciated.

Thanks again for being so patient
    hctim56
    Last edited by hctim56; 25th December 2009 at 18:32. Reason: left an important part out

leofelix is offline Member

Welcome aboard,
    You may wish to have a look here
    Fix Windows Update Error Automatically With Fix It Tool

Then you might download and use:

Repair & Fix Windows Updates with Fix WU Utility | The Windows Club

In order to fix the most common issues with Windows Vista/Seven you might download and use

http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...ggestions.html

I hope it helps

P.S Merry Xmas

thank you leofelix for repling especially on christmas day. When I posted my problem that never even entered my mind till after the post. I feel neglect in not wishing everyone a happy holidays. I tried the microsoft fixit and it made a couple of repairs then it came across a problem it could not fix even in agressive mode. It could not turn the windows update service on. I went to the services screen and tried to turn it on and received this message. Not in these exact words. it reported the SID types between the update server and it host were not the same and that they needed to be before it could start windows update server. It also said that one of them had been changed recently. That left me as the culprit. The first two solutions envolved turning that service off to delete some files. The last one unfortunatly envolved the one I just can not seem to locate again. It included a cmd syntax and I realize that could be helpful now. I looked around for ways to change the SID types but what I found and with my limited computer knowledge They did not seem through enough for me to try. I like step by step instructions. I know in a perfect world. So if anyone cares to reply even negetivly I am all ears.

Thanks again and a better late then never happy holidays.
    Hctim56
    Last edited by hctim56; 26th December 2009 at 13:06.

I can not seem to edit my previous posts so I am using this venue to let you know I have repaired my problems Some of the solutions were suggested by leoflix who I would like to thank for his suggestions. Another one involved stopping and restarting a host server to my update server. The problem with the microsoft sites what it seemed like to me it not being able to recognize my operating system. It completely cleared up when I entered the same sites with the google chrome beta browser which I had just downloaded and was taking for a spin. But later when I tried again with IE8 the same problems returned. I am working on that one now so any suggestion will be appreciated
    Thanks again to leofelix
    Hctim56
    Last edited by hctim56; 27th December 2009 at 19:09. Reason: my proof reading found a error

leofelix is offline Member

Glad to know you could solve and that you made us know how you could do it

Thank you