icm36 is offline New Member

Default Is this a compatibility problem?

Hi, don't know if anyone can help with this one. Under Windows XP I frequently used a program called Designworks 3.5 by GSP to create leaflets, flyers etc and diagrams of various descriptions, a pretty basic program but I loved it.

I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows Vista Ultimate and I now find that, although Designworks 3.5 appears to install okay and all my previous work is correctly associated with the program extension (.art)it will not work.

Every time I try to open a file with the(.art)extension the Designworks splash screen displays very briefly but then the program comes up immediately with a message saying 'DWK35 has stopped working' A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. There is no mention of compatibilty issues and I had no problems at all in Windows XP.

I would be much obliged if someone can help out with this one, I have a lot of work I need to get access to. Many thanks in advance. Best regards. Ivor

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I think you should try and run it in the Compatibility Mode.

Type Compatibility in Vista start search and hit enter to open the wizard.

Also pls see if this helps you.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Try Andy's tip !
    If you dont find Compatibility Mode in Start Search

Create a shortcut and give the path

%windir%\system32\mshta.exe res://%windir%\system32\acprgwiz.dll/compatmode.hta