Thread: BITS dilemna

Diggicat is offline New Member

Default BITS dilemna

Hi, I have Windows Vista Home Premium on a quad 4gig computer. I have now found that Windows automatic update has not been successful since 24/11/09. I suspect BITS files are corrupted [cant be started]. Also my Windows Media Player [11] has decided not to read some of my avi and other videos, at the same time - maybe connected. Qtime does play some of these.

I downloaded Microsoft BITS repair file, and it says it is not needed at this time. Also downloaded other pertinent Microsoft Vista files but are not for my system??? I have Norton 360 and that downloads automatically without problems.

How do I get the Windows update and Windows Media PLayer working ??

Diggicat

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

leofelix is offline Member

No, I'm sorry.
    I do not know if this Repair & Fix Windows Updates with Fix WU Utility | The Windows Club can help yet

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

On the bottom of the page mentioned by leofelix, there are also some links mentioned which will help you troubleshoot WU.

Also run System File Checker using sfc /scannow. Else download FixWin and click on the button to run sfc.

Default BITS dilemna

Hi,
    Thanks for your help. I tried Fix WU Utility v 1.0, and it responded that it had completed successfully. I reran update twice after restarting computer and it failed again - with code error 80246008.

Is it a corrupted dll file. Any suggestions.

Diggicat

Joanie Bea is offline New Member

Hi! I'm a new member. I have a windows Vista 32 bit and my Windows update doesn't work automatically.I have selected automatically,but I have to update manually. Also,sometimes I have to run the updates twice to get all of them updated. I don't know if this has anything to do with dialup or not. I also have home premium edition.

bkr3 is offline Windows Enthusiast

lynn is offline New Member

and WOW I got this spam system from 2011 I tried to shut it down it haunted me for 6 hours before I could figure how to get it of! They sent me warnings no miffing telling me I had up teen virus's and my computer will be disconnected from the internet due to me spamming with some software! Oh I had several so called software's that people are hacking into! The final and most shocking I get this mess. saying my IP address will be sent to local Police for spamming illegal email! I about sloped out of my chair! I'm an stay at home mother two children who the heck would I be spamming?????? The thing is every time I got closer to getting them off my system the meaner and more intimidating they got! One said DO YOU REALIZE YOUR IP ADDRESS IS NOW LISTED WITH SPAMMING AUTHORITIES? BUT IF YOU PURCHASE THIS SPY WARE WE WILL MAKE SURE THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

OK I would not be so shocked if this was some off brand but this is suppose to be a company we respect at least I did until today! I mean Window's Microsoft? what is this world coming to??? I want answers and not some oh gosh that just could not be us bull! Please help me get somewhere! I do not want this to happen to someone else! I wasn't to hear from the company I just wont stop! It's all recorded in my system.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Joanie and lynn, I think you need to start new threads and post your questions in separate threads.