skidmark is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Network connected...but not!

Hey all!

Looking for some help in addressing network issue. I am trying to change my wireless home network connection from public to private, but as you may see in the image below the network sharing screen says "not connected" but when I click the "connect to a network link" it shows the list of available networks including the network I'm already connected to. So I am not able to customize the network with this inconsistency.

Vista Business SP2

Additionally, I've already opened the services pane and double checked that the following are set.

Network Connections - Started - manual
    Network list services - started - auto
    network location awareness - started - auto
    network store interface service - started - auto

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Mine sometimes displays not connected but I am connected as well. Have you tried going manage wireless networks and removing all listed networks and then readd it and set it to private that way?

skidmark is offline Windows Enthusiast

Yes, I tried that. Thank you for your suggestion L. W. No matter which route or method I've taken to connect the network is automatically set for me (to public) and has never been shown in the Network and Sharing center. It always ends up looking like the pic above. This is just one small bug I'm trying to remedy with this OS. One other is a stubborn Update error 80072F8F, but that's a whole separate thread. Whether they're related or not I don't know?