31st March 2010, 03:54 #1
Vista Update - The page failed to load
I am using Vista 64 bit. It seems that it has suddenly lost the wuapp. I have tried to open it from the control panel>system maintenance>windows update.
All I am able to get is "The page failed to load".
I have also tried to open it directly from computer>hp
C : >windows>system 32
with the same result.
With out this I am unable to see the updates for my system. I have even tried to look at the Microsoft website and find nothing there.
31st March 2010, 04:29 #2
Do you have any Stardock programs installed? Alot of people report this problem after installing Stardock especially the Stardock application My Colors. Also have you installed any other browsers besides IE. Could be a number of things disrupting the Windows Update
31st March 2010, 09:52 #3
- Run DiskCleanup utility to clear cache & junk.
- Empty the software distribution folder
1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK. On a Windows Vista-based computer, click Start, type services.msc in the Start Search box, right-click services.msc, and then click Run as administrator.
2. In the Services (Local) pane, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Stop.
3. Minimize the Services (local) window.
4. Select all the contents of the Windows distribution folder, and then delete them. The Windows distribution folder is located in the drive:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder. In this location, drive is a placeholder for the drive where Windows is installed.
5. Make sure that the Windows distribution folder is empty, and then maximize the Services (local) window.
6. In the Services (Local) pane, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Start.
7. Restart the computer, and then run Windows Update again.
- Re-register the following and see if it helps:
regsvr32 /i mshtml
Additional links which may help you:
Windows 7 or Vista Updates Fail To Install < Also see some links at the end of this page.
Microsoft Update Solution Center
WU Support Request.
Hope something helps you