17th April 2010, 01:31 #1
window explorer high cpu usage - wont rest
The windows eplorer is contastantly using around 50% of the CPU. Pls help.
17th April 2010, 03:39 #2
Try these suggestions:
1. In Explorer, through Folder options > View tab, check the following: Always show icons, never thumbnails.
2. Use ShellExView or Autoruns to disable explorer addons in any.
3. Disable unwanted start-ups through msconfig or freeware WinPatrol.
3. Here is a short video showing how to find out the root cause CPU consumption issues on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008 and higher operating systems with Xperf, from Technet.
4. See Windows Explorer Crashes Or Freezes Frequently
Hope something helps.