1. #1
    Jediadam4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default "windows host process rundll32 has stopped working"

    I get 'windows host process rundll32 has stopped working' whenever I attempt to open Mouse in Control Panel to adjust mouse settings.

    I'm on Vista.

    I've tried: System Restore to previous updates - did not work

    I've Turned off Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

    I don't have lmpgvd.ax in Windows 32

    I've done this whole this, but I don't have the program assioated with that. Open Computer > System Drive > Program files > Common Files > Ahead > DSfilter.
    Rename "NeroVideoProc.ax" to say "1NeroVideoProc.ax"
    Also rename "NeVideo.ax" to say "1NeVideo.ax"
    Reboot.

    I did this thing: If you get the error when opening folders that contain video files, try this and see if it helps:
    Open Control Panel > Folder Options > Always show Icons, Never Thumbnails

    But that isn't even the problem and it didn't work.

    Any help? I've been trying to solve this for ages...
    Last edited by Jediadam4; 14th June 2010 at 07:35.

  2. #2
    HappyAndyK's Avatar
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,284

    Default

    Looks like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting :| but nevertheless pls see if something here helps you.

  3. #3
    Jediadam4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hi. I've done all those listed instructions previously with no result with the exception of this thing:

    -----

    You can also follow these steps to try and find out, which software is causing this issue:

    Type msconfig in Vista's search box and hit enter to open up the System Configuration Utility window.
    Click on Services, and check in the "Hide all Microsoft services" checkbox.
    Click on "Disable All" button.
    Now click on "Startup" tab, and then click on "Disable All" button again.
    Press OK button and then "Restart" button on the following window.
    Effectively, you have turned off all non-microsoft services and startups.

    If the issue is resolved, open System Configuration Windows again and then enable all the services from Services tab and then check the issue after restarting the computer in the same way as mentioned above.

    This way, you will have to enable/disable services and startups to narrow down on the culprit. Agreed, this is a lengthy and painfully boring process, but it will help you identify the culprit.

    ----

    I was hoping to attempt to avoid that long and tiresome process but I might have to do it... sounds like a pain ugh

    Thanks anyways.

  4. #4
    LeeW is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jediadam4 View Post
    Hi. I've done all those listed instructions previously with no result with the exception of this thing:

    -----

    You can also follow these steps to try and find out, which software is causing this issue:

    Type msconfig in Vista's search box and hit enter to open up the System Configuration Utility window.
    Click on Services, and check in the "Hide all Microsoft services" checkbox.
    Click on "Disable All" button.
    Now click on "Startup" tab, and then click on "Disable All" button again.
    Press OK button and then "Restart" button on the following window.
    Effectively, you have turned off all non-microsoft services and startups.

    If the issue is resolved, open System Configuration Windows again and then enable all the services from Services tab and then check the issue after restarting the computer in the same way as mentioned above.

    This way, you will have to enable/disable services and startups to narrow down on the culprit. Agreed, this is a lengthy and painfully boring process, but it will help you identify the culprit.

    ----

    I was hoping to attempt to avoid that long and tiresome process but I might have to do it... sounds like a pain ugh

    Thanks anyways.
    I would recommend trying those steps first as well as try the following

    First goto Start Menu\Control Panel , click on Mouse to try and get the error again (Note the Time) then
    Goto Start Menu\Run and type eventvwr

    When Event Viewer loads, on the left click On Windows Logs\ Application Logs & System Logs

    Look for Errors marked with the Red Circle matched with the time you got the last error to see if you may be able to narrow down what may be causing it

    I know it can be nerve racking but theres no real quick fix for this unless you know whats causing it as this error can be generated by many many different things

  5. #5
    Jediadam4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thanks for helping. Okay, I did that and I get this log:

    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 6/14/2010 10:49:55 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Arin-NotebookPC
    Description:
    Faulting application rundll32.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b0e1, faulting module SynTPCpl.dll, version 11.0.7.0, time stamp 0x47ec4a67, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0002d725, process id 0x27e4, application start time 0x01cb0c4e93ae09b0.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="ww://schemas.microsoftdotcm(it said I can't post URLS)/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-15T05:49:55.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4264</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Arin-NotebookPC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>rundll32.exe</Data>
    <Data>6.0.6000.16386</Data>
    <Data>4549b0e1</Data>
    <Data>SynTPCpl.dll</Data>
    <Data>11.0.7.0</Data>
    <Data>47ec4a67</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0002d725</Data>
    <Data>27e4</Data>
    <Data>01cb0c4e93ae09b0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>



    I'm not that much of a tech person so I don't know what most of that means... any help?
    Last edited by Jediadam4; 15th June 2010 at 05:59.

  6. #6
    LeeW is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Try to update your Synaptics driver. Run Windows update and see if there is an updated version. If you can't find an update, Uninstall the Synaptics Driver currently installed and then run Windows Update again. Also try checking your Laptop Manufactuer site for updated Drivers, especially Synaptics

  7. #7
    Jediadam4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Try to update your Synaptics driver. Run Windows update and see if there is an updated version. If you can't find an update, Uninstall the Synaptics Driver currently installed and then run Windows Update again. Also try checking your Laptop Manufactuer site for updated Drivers, especially Synaptics
    ----

    Thanks man! I uninstalled my current Synaptics driver, then went to the HP website and downloaded+installed a new one. Rebooted, and now I can access the mouse settings

    Idk why the Windows update wasn't picking up on this...

    Thanks again, bye. Problem solved.

  8. #8
    LeeW is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jediadam4 View Post
    ----
    Idk why the Windows update wasn't picking up on this...

    Thanks again, bye. Problem solved.
    I'm glad you got it fixed

    As far as checking for Synaptics Drivers in Windows Update, if you haven't allready. Make sure to goto

    Start Menu\Control Panel\Windows Update and Click Change Settings on the Left

    From there make sure Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional...........

    Microsoft will then check for Software\Drivers for many other Software and Hardware on your system

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22