Ynergy is offline New Member

Question Un-maximize Photo Editor makes program disapear

We just returned from vacation and want to look at our photos using Photo Editor. In the past, we've dragged this to the second (bigger) monitor, but today we can't. It starts up full maximized and therefore un-draggable. When I click the un-maximize button, the program disappears completely, as if I had minimized it. Rebooting vista does not fix it.

I speculate that vista thinks it's displaying it at some coordinate that isn't actually visible, but that's just a guess. In any case, I don't know how to fix it.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ynergy is offline New Member

Default It's a registry entry

With some trepidation, I started rummaging around in the registry. I found an entry "Initial Position" under one of the MSPhotoEd locations with ridiculously large numbers. I reset the values to 0, 0, 200, 200. I restarted the program and when I un-maximize, lo and behold! I can see it.

Thanks!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for taking the time to come back, and share

FraserBell is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Ynergy View Post
    With some trepidation, I started rummaging around in the registry. I found an entry "Initial Position" under one of the MSPhotoEd locations with ridiculously large numbers. I reset the values to 0, 0, 200, 200. I restarted the program and when I un-maximize, lo and behold! I can see it.

Thanks!
    There is a much easier way to get the offsite window back onto the screen.

Follow these steps:

1. Simply Right-Click the App or File's title on the Task Bar & select "Move". Do not click anything else or touch any keys yet.

2. Move your mouse pointer to about the centre of your screen near the top. (You will probably see the crossed-arrows "move" mouse pointer at this time).

3. Tap ONCE any of the arrow keys, up, down, left, or right, doesn't matter which.

4. Now, click your mouse. The Centre of the Title Bar of your lost window will jump to your mouse pointer. You can now resize and move your app however you like.

-Gerry
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Calgary AB Canada