devlyn02 is offline New Member

Default User Profile Service failed on logon solution

Need a little help. Unfortunately, I allowed my daughters boyfriend to run a few clean up programs on my computer and now it won't start up. My computer was built for me a few years ago by a friend who has moved away. He downloaded Windows vista home edition but took the cd. So I have no cd. Anyhow, the boyfriend started cleaning up the old files and running a defrag program. Now, when I start up the computer all I get is a page with a user icon in the middle saying "User Profile Service" service failed on logon. I have no start bar and only a shut down icon in the lower right hand corner. no matter what key on the key board I hit nothing happens. And clicking on the user icon just starts the process over again. Please help

venkat is offline Beginner

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

devlyn02 is offline New Member

Default Thanks

Hello HappyAndyK and others, The problem is with no start bar or box of anykind to type a command into I cannot type anything to start something. There is nothing around the borders of the page. i tried right clicking on an empty space on the page and nothing happened. next to the shut down icon in the lower right there is an arrow icon that if I click on it either shuts it down, restarts it or puts it in sleep mode. In restart mode it will go to a black screen and if I'm quick enough I'll right click on a space, I get a black page with like a safe mode option to click on. It is the only option available. But when clicked on it just loops around and starts all over again (on the blue user icon page). Any help greatly appreciated.