xoovus is offline New Member

Default Windows taskbar has disappeared - Solved

Hi, made some search but didn't find topics so hope it's not a double post!

I've been infected yesterday,

---made, spybot, malwarebytes, avira, ccleaner, to clean the pc wich is proper now, but my taskbar has disapear!

When I launch explorer throw the execute command, it open only open a window ( document actually), I try to change resolution (don't no why but..) and it offcourse doesn't change anything.

I try your winfix program but that doesn't work for me!

I'm using vista 64bit.

Can someone help me?
    Thank you

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Can you press the cntrl+esc key on your keyboard, at same time, and the taskbar reappear? If so, could be a matter of the taskbar was resized too small.

Can also open Regedit via Start Menu\Menu\Run\Regedit and delete the following Registry Key. Next time you log on it should restore taskbar to default settings
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\StuckRects
    Also, may try running the System File Checker to see if it can fix the problem

Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories\ Right-Click Command Prompt and type sfc /scannow
    may take a little bit to run but it may be able to fix the problem, which I suspect is a corrupted file from the removed malware

xoovus is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Can you press the cntrl+esc key on your keyboard, at same time, and the taskbar reappear? If so, could be a matter of the taskbar was resized too small.
    Nothing happen... /sad

Can also open Regedit via Start Menu\Menu\Run\Regedit and delete the following Registry Key. Next time you log on it should restore taskbar to default settings
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\StuckRects
    nothing more happened... /moreSad

I try the analysis it says that it have find and repair some dammaged files but that it can't repair all!
    Maybe I've got a chance.. I reboot and will see what happened.
    In case it doesn't work out may I have to post the cbs.log?

And thank you for this quick support, it's appreciate!
    (excuse my poor english)

EDIT: the last one has worked, I retrieve my taskbar! Thank you a lot, or "merci beaucoup" as we said in french !
    Last edited by xoovus; 14th September 2010 at 23:38.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Glad that fixed it for you