Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Riverbraid is offline New Member

Default Cannot restore Internet Explorer Favourites

hi everybody,
    I have an problem with my Internet Explorer Favourites in that when I export them to an html file I try and restore them but Internet Explorer will not allow me to restore them I have to add all my Favourites one by one.
    Does anybody know of any software that can restore them or some other way to restore them?
    Thanks,
    Harold

kunu is offline Windows Enthusiast

Hi are you having problem in exporting your favourites from IE than you can go like this

Select File -> Import and Export. This will start the "Import and Export" wizard.
    Select Export and the click on "next."
    Select Favorites and click on "next."
    In the next window you can accept the default Save Directory or choose a new one. click on "next."
    Finally, click on "finish" and your Favorites will be saved to disk.

and talking about software you can try here Bookmark wizard. Although i haven't tried that.
    Last edited by kunu; 24th November 2010 at 16:21.

hi thanks for advice but have no problems exporting my favourites it is just importing them after I had to reformat my hard drive.
    Just need an way to import them as internet explorer will not do that keeps coming up cannot import the selected html file.

hi you say you have formatted the drive..... and all the favourites are stored in a file in C drive.
    After complete format it may not be possible to recover back but still you can try using tools provided by easeus.

and solution from other members would be appreciated.....

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Why not just copy them to the a jump drive or other drive and paste them back after reformating. They are at c:\users\username\favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbraid View Post
    hi thanks for advice but have no problems exporting my favourites it is just importing them after I had to reformat my hard drive.
    Just need an way to import them as internet explorer will not do that keeps coming up cannot import the selected html file.

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    Why not just copy them to the a jump drive or other drive and paste them back after reformating. They are at c:\users\username\favorites.
    I done that partly what I done before I reformat hard drive I had my favourites exported to an memory stick and then reformat hard drive and when I set up again I tried to import favourites from html file to internet explorer but it will not allow me to import them get an error message saying cannot import the selected file I then tried to find the folder as you say for the favourites but when I found out it is all in folders and not an html file so cannot copy and paste

Ok tried to import one more time and it worked this time sorry to waste your time

no problem dear. good is that you have done it.
    suggestion : please clearify your problem initially. may you have to type bit more but be clear.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbraid View Post
    I done that partly what I done before I reformat hard drive I had my favourites exported to an memory stick and then reformat hard drive and when I set up again I tried to import favourites from html file to internet explorer but it will not allow me to import them get an error message saying cannot import the selected file I then tried to find the folder as you say for the favourites but when I found out it is all in folders and not an html file so cannot copy and paste
    I am not suggesting exporting them and importing them, I am suggesting a direct copy and paste of the actual favorites right out of the favorite folder in windows explorer.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last