hoydlee is offline New Member

Unhappy No sound or audio in Windows

hi everyone....
    can somebody please help me?i have a problem with my audio.
    i recently lost all my audio coz i might have deleted/disabled something i don't know what.i recently tweaked my services using emisoft hijack in order to speed up my laptop's performance.after tweaking i don't know what happened.i suddenly lost all my sounds.but when i clicked on the sound icon and went to properties it says it is working properly.even when i opened my devices there are no conflicts.i tried everything.even using the system restore point, but to no avail.i still have my audiodg.exe in the system 32 folder.i even downloaded an HD audio device by realtek and still nothing.everything is working properly according to the system info but i can't get no audio even from my external speakers or headphones.
    kindly help...i'm using a sony vaio intel core duo vista home premium v6 sp2

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

i'm sorry but i already tried that one before including mats_run device.
    anything else?highly appreciated.......

hey andy.with regards to my problem.i have an add'l info.i went to services and got into WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER SERVICE LAUNCHER.it's on AUTO but the description says FAILED TO READ DESCRIPTION.ERROR CODE 2 and when i click the START TAB it says ERROR 126:THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND.does the information has to do with my audio problem?thanks again in advance.......

Shantanu is offline Microsoft MVP

Just go to control panel and open Programs, select the audio driver installed there and click on uninstall. Restart your system and go to device manager in control panel. Go to Audio and see if the drivers are installed. If all the drivers are installed and the audio devices are showing there. Right click them and click on uninstall (* also click on delete the driver files ). Now again restart your computer. again go to control panel and check for new hardware by pressing the refresh button at the top. Use Windows Update to update the drivers or download and install the right set from your system manufacturers website.

Regards