pcbugfixer is offline New Member

Question Automatic Windows Update service missing in Windows - How to re-install ??

G'day Folks,

Having changed HDD on the HP Pavilion entertainment PC (dv6519tx) from the 250GB to 500GB using the cloning (disk copy) on my HDD docking unit, which worked fully so I thought, the nLaptop booted up OK and all seems to be functioning other than that i cannot perform windows or Microsoft Updates because the "Automatic Updates" in Services from the Administrative Tools is missing.

Does anyone know how to fix, re-install the Automatic Updates in Services, without needing to run the repair or reinstalling Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - please

Looking for easy fix if we have one

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Just as a confirmation, type services.msc in start search and hit Enter to open Services. Check if Windows Update service exists and is set to start automatically.

If it does not exist, see if doing any of these help you.

Re-register wuaueng.dll and maybe other dll files. You can get more information at Fix: Cannot Update Windows using Windows Update | WinVistaClub. Else try Fix WU too.

Use Windows Update not working? Use Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft! | The Windows Club

Run system file checker.

Last option [URL="http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-tips-tutorials-articles/32568-how-repair-windows-7-a.html"]repair install Windows/URL].

jeffreylin is offline New Member

don't forget update.microsoft.com