Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK

Thread: Vista turns off monitor coming from sleep mode

wither3 is offline New Member

Cool Vista turns off monitor coming from sleep mode

Up until I got some new updates to Vista a few weeks ago, whenever I put my PC into sleep mode and awakened it, it would almost immediately go back to my desktop and I could start working.

However, now when I come out of sleep mode, the orange light on my monitor goes out and I can't see the display for almost 3 minutes. As far as I can tell, Windows is running throughout that time. If I shut the computer down and restart it, I can't see any of the post information until this delay time has elapsed.

I don't think I can do a system recovery back to where the updates were installed.

Any help?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Pls see if this hotfix Fix: Windows 7 or Vista laptop does not resume from sleep correctly | The Windows Club helps you. Do create a system restore point first.
    miko likes this.

thanks for your reply.

As I noted, Vista is on my PC, not my laptop. I will try the hotfix and see what happens.

Thing is, it's been working fine for almost 4 years and the problem arose after I got a batch of 8 updates a few weeks ago.

I downloaded and tried to install the hotfix but it said it wasn't for my system.

It is normal for the monitor to be shut off coming out of sleep mode but it's usually turned right back on. I don't know what determines how quickly it returns. I assume it's related to getting a Digital signal from the graphics card.

Any thoughts.