Thread: IE 9 vs. IE 10

anon_priv is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default IE 9 vs. IE 10

I am using IE 9 under Vista 32 bit

Should I be moving to IE 10?

Has anyone any experience of IE 10 - is it better that IE 9?

I have only 1 GB RAM, and a Pentiun D processor.

Thanks

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Well, I would definitely suggest that you move to Internet Explorer 10. With every subsequent release, IE is becoming better.

I am sure you will like it. If you do not, you can always go back.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Well, I would definitely suggest that you move to Internet Explorer 10. With every subsequent release, IE is becoming better.

I am sure you will like it. If you do not, you can always go back.
    Thank you.

I don't think it is available via Windows Update, so I will download and install manually. I assume that installing using this method will not affect my ability to roll back.

Best wishes.

Happy Christmas.

A

As a matter of interest, how can a user roll back a browser. I don't think that IE can be uninstalled?

If you have installed a newer version of IE over and old (original) version, you can roll-back via Control Panel.

Open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off.

There if you uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 check-box and click OK, your Windows will uninstall IE10 and revert back to IE9. A restart may be required.

If you have installed a newer version of IE over and old (original) version, you can roll-back via Control Panel.

Open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off.

There if you uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 check-box and click OK, your Windows will uninstall IE10 and revert back to IE9. A restart may be required.

I went to the MS download site and got the message that I have the latest IE already installed. I was told that IE 10 will not run on my machine!

Out of interest, I have had a look in Control Panel (Turn Windows Features on or off), and cannot find any reference to IE!

You will not be able to uninstall the IE version which your Windows came installed with originally. Hence you possibly are not seeing the entry.

Maybe you could download the IE10 offline installer and install it on your PC from here.

You will not be able to uninstall the IE version which your Windows came installed with originally. Hence you possibly are not seeing the entry.

Maybe you could download the IE10 offline installer and install it on your PC from here.
    Thank you for responding.

If I did manage to install IE 10 using the installer, would it run? The pages I have read give me the impression that it will not!

Best wishes.

Happy New Year

Ps. My Vista machine came with IE 7 originally (if I remeber correctly). I am now running IE9.