DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free PDF reader for Windows - Foxit

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I downloaded the latest version and blogged about it.
    Applications which foist the Ask Toolbar

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Odd, I never had that experience at all, esp. the eBay shortcut. Did you download it from Foxit directly?
    yes I went directly to the site which is showing version 3.0 and downloaded it from there to avoid any 3rd party items being inplanted without me seeing them and because I wanted to make completely sure of my facts befor making the post.
    the web address is Foxit Software - Best PDF Reader

If you see Andy's blog he seems to have had the same results that I have had
    Last edited by seti; 25th February 2009 at 16:31. Reason: addition information from Andy

Corrine is offline Gold Member

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    This one has no hidden extras I've downloaded and it works fine folks. Thanks Corrine

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    I downloaded the latest version and blogged about it.
    Applications which foist the Ask Toolbar
    Thanks for verifying this. I must have a previous version that has not been 'contamininated', so to speak. I had better hang onto it!
    (This is version 2.3, build 2923)

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

@ seti
    at the final step of setup finishing it asks you whether to put shortcuts there or not....and for the toolbar install it once and then uninstall it from the programs and features.... nothing got effected...

one more thing try opening 2 or 3 pdf files at the same time you come to know about the awesome feature of foxit i.e. it also have the approach of tabs like web browsers...it opens all pdf in the same window having various tabs......which makes it one step ahead from all the other freeware pdf reader and facilitates to read many pdf easily..
    Last edited by nitinagarwal1988; 26th February 2009 at 05:19.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    @ seti
    at the final step of setup finishing it asks you whether to put shortcuts there or not....and for the toolbar install it once and then uninstall it from the programs and features.... nothing got effected...

one more thing try opening 2 or 3 pdf files at the same time you come to know about the awesome feature of foxit i.e. it also have the approach of tabs like web browsers...it opens all pdf in the same window having various tabs......which makes it one step ahead from all the other freeware pdf reader and facilitates to read many pdf easily..
    I do not know what version you are using for this but all I can repeat I took great care with the installation because I did not want to be unfair and what happend, happened as I've stated. If you choose to use it fair enough, but I will not ever do and that is the end of things for me

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

nitinagarwal1988 : So you mean to say that you install the ask toolbar, get the features, uninstall the toolbar and the features still remain !?

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    nitinagarwal1988 : So you mean to say that you install the ask toolbar, get the features, uninstall the toolbar and the features still remain !?
    yes sir.......first disable it from the internet explorer and then uninstall it....the features will remain there and the toolbar got uninstalled

@seti, i am using the latest version of foxit reader i.e. 3.0 and check screenshots asking whether to place shortcuts or not....
    select the custom option to get that option.

here's the window where it asks..
    Last edited by nitinagarwal1988; 26th February 2009 at 11:02.

seti is offline Member

I installed this as an average person would do so using the recommended settings not as some one who would choose advanced settings. This is the whole point of the matter is that you should not have to use advanced settings to remove things that should not be there is the first place. I stick with the fact that these things should be an optional extra not part of a set up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast