Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free PDF reader for Windows - Foxit

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Free PDF reader for Windows - Foxit

A free PDF reader is available, Foxit reader, i am using it and it is very fast as compare to adobe reader and it is just of 3Mb and i am finding it a lot easy then adobe reader and it is freeware

Download Link

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    a free PDF reader is available, Foxit reader, i am using it and it is very fast as compare to adobe reader and it is just of 3Mb and i am finding it a lot easy then adobe reader and it is freeware.....
    download link
    Can you give more details here please, like if you can open adobe things in it etc as some forms from government require Adobe reader to use them. Sorry but it would be helpful thanks

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

nope they prefer adobe reader only to open pdf files.....as we all know pdf is the file format developed by adobe so, it is recommended every where......foxit reader works fine with me.....it opens every type of PDF files....

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Adobe can be a pain. It is very heavy handed and VERY big. I know a lot of people that are using only Foxit and rave about it. I tried it and it seems to be ok. I keep Adobe - just in case.

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Been using Foxit for years...it is small, fast and dependable; not a resource hog like Adobe Reader.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Been using Foxit for years...it is small, fast and dependable; not a resource hog like Adobe Reader.
    Please James if a form is in Adobe reader can I still use it and download it if I use foxit, as some government forms are this way

seti, all I can say is that I have never come across a form that Foxit cannot open. You can install it along with Adobe reader and see if it works for you. I've never installed Adobe Reader in the past 5 years, I would estimate.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Portable Document Format (PDF) is a file format created by Adobe Systems in 1993 for document exchange. PDF is used for representing two-dimensional documents in a manner independent of the application software, hardware, and operating system.

Each PDF file encapsulates a complete description of a fixed-layout 2-D document (and, with Acrobat 3-D, embedded 3-D documents) that includes the text, fonts, images, and 2-D vector graphics which compose the documents.

Formerly a proprietary format, PDF was officially released as an open standard on July 1, 2008, and published by the ISO as ISO 32000-1:2008.

What this means to the average user is that you can use any number of readers to open PDF formatted files. It is no longer a proprietary file format.

Thanks for the clarification, roraniel.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yeah, even I use Foxit. Loads up really fast unlike Adobe.

Btw, those who still use Adobe, may want to try out Adobe Reader SpeedUp utility.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast