Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comodo System Cleaner - Freeware

zen67 is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Comodo System Cleaner - Freeware

What's about Comodo Firewall? nice... and really good ... well I use it in my PC.

From the same sw house there's a utility that I had discovered a couple of weeks ago Comodo System Cleaner.

Comodo System Cleaner is a powerful suite of utilities and tools that allows you to make your Windows XP or Vista computer faster, more efficient and more secure.

Available in 32 bit and 64 bit versions for XP and Vista and Windows 2003 server. Comodo System Cleaner is 100% free to home and business users.

A nice and free tool .... give it a try...

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Nice find. Looks good and its freeware too! Check out its features here and also its comparison with other similar types here.

There appears to be a portable version too.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

i use CCleaner, it is also a freeware utility, for removing junk files and cleaning registry errors..

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Hey, thanks for the tool. I was not aware of that tool. Will give a try.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Beware: The Comodo SafeSurf toolbar is the AskToolbar in disguise. I suggest that you read highly respected Ben Edelman's report in Current Practices of IAC/Ask Toolbars and learn more than you ask for:
    "As the fifth-biggest search engine, Ask faces a clear problem: How to get users to leave their favored search engines, to conduct their searches at Ask instead? One Ask strategy is to buys ads on TV and in other media, claiming to offer a better product. But Ask also drives traffic to its search engine by enticing users to install its toolbars. This article looks at Ask's current and recent toolbar practices, including:

* Promoting its toolbars on sites targeted to kids. Details.
    * Promoting its toolbars through ads that appear to be part of other companies' sites. Details.
    * Promoting its toolbars through other companies' spyware. Details.
    * Installing without any disclosure whatsoever and without any consent whatsoever. Details.
    * Soliciting installations via "deceptive door openers" that do not accurately describe the offer; failing to affirmatively show a license agreement; linking to a EULA via an off-screen link. Details.
    * Making confusing changes to users' browsers -- increasing Ask's revenues while taking users to pages they didn't intend to visit. Details.

Throughout, I compare these practices to the statements of Ask's staff, and I compare these practices with applicable legal and ethical duties."
    Understand that IAC pays vendors per install of their product. That is why the toolbar comes pre-checked with the installations and lately has been under the guise of a "security toolbar" as in the case of Comodo, Webroot and Symantec.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

^ Now thats an imp piece of info. Can anyone verify if this Comodo System Cleaner comes with the Ask toolbar with 'pre-checked option'? If so one must not forget to un-check this option.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I couldn't see any options named Security Toolbar.

seti is offline Member

Thanks for the warning Corrine but like tweakwindows I couldn't see it in this product and no tool bars have been added since the install. I've just check the interfaces and there is nothing nor has anything been added to the registry. So I don't know if this information applies to other products in the range. As far as this tool goes it is very good, better than CCleaner thus far, I would recommend it

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

hey, i found a little handy trick for those apps which comes with prechecked for ask toolbars, if you need that app and obviously dont want to keep the toolbar, first install the app with it and after that go to your browser and disable the toolbar and after that uninstall it. this will keep the components of apps enable for which it warns to disable if you uncheck the ask toolbar option...

leofelix is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    i use CCleaner, it is also a freeware utility, for removing junk files and cleaning registry errors..

It's different and more powerful.. I also use it

Clean Windows With Comodo System Cleaner | Into Windows

(by tweakwindows )
    Last edited by leofelix; 19th March 2009 at 12:11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast