Thread: Microsoft RichCopy - Freeware Copying Tool for Windows

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Microsoft RichCopy - Freeware Copying Tool for Windows

I came across this neat freeware utility in the April 2009 issue of TechNet magazine.

RichCopy is a free utility that comes to us from Ken Tamaru of Microsoft. The tool was first developed in 2001 and has been updated regularly to keep pace with evolving needs. Trust me when I tell you, this is the answer to all your file copying needs. What you'll find most striking the first time you take RichCopy out for a spin is that it's a multithreaded copying tool. That means that rather than copying one file at a time in serial order, RichCopy can open multiple threads simultaneously, allowing many files to be copied in parallel and cutting the total time required to complete the operation several times over. You can also pause and resume file copy operations, so if you lose network connectivity at any point, you can just pick up where you left off.
    The full article can be read online here: Technet.

Click here to download RichCopy from Microsoft.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Actually, even I too came across this utility few days back, but it couldn't run on my system for some reasons. It has many great features. A must try for Windows users.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thanks for this utility info, it is new for me....i never use a robocopy....will give a try to both of them.....

aadhar is offline New Member

Actually, even I too came across this utility few days back
    SO thanks for this utility info, it is new for me....i never use a robocopy....will give a try to both of them..

Choto Cheeta is offline Trusted Member

Reminds me of TeraCopy.. Copy your files faster with TeraCopy One problem of TeraCopy is you cant run more than 1 Copy/move job at a time... So in case you are copying large amount of DATA (May be your Movie Folder) and all of a sudden you find need to perform a quick copy / move operation (simple word file in to your USD storage), you are now stuck

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

yes saurav so i uninstalled the older version of burst copy was same issue...