Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cleaner 2010 free released

leofelix is offline Member

Default The Cleaner 2010 free released

Moosoft released The Cleaner 2010 v. 6.0.0.2000, a powerful and light in memory usage antimalware which is able to cooperate with the most of antivirus softwares and personal firewalls as well.

"The Cleaner 2010 is a program designed to keep your computer and data safe from trojans, worms, keyloggers, spyware, adware and all manner of malware"

it's free for personal use, you can buy a license for 19.95 $ and get real time protection module too
    it works with Windows2000 Sp4/XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7.

http://www.moosoft.com/TheCleaner/TheCleaner

I personally tested The Cleaner 2010 in my HP laptop running Vista Home Premium SP 1 (32 bit) , in my desktop PC running XP PRO SP 3 (32 bit) and one of my Toshiba laptops running XP Home SP 3.
    Smart scan took only 5 minutes in my laptop with Vista and only 3 minutes in my PCs with XP.
    You can also choose a full scan and to exclude some software from scanning.
    You won't need to reboot your OS after installing The Cleaner 2010.

I didn't find any issue with Avira Antivirus PREMIUM 9.0 , ESET Smart Security 4.0, Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, MalwareBytes' AntiMalware 1.36 (full commercial version), PREVX 3.0, Winpatrol Plus, OnLine Armor 3.5.09 free and Comodo IS 3.8 (only firewall without toolbar) which are installed in different environments.

Last edited by leofelix; 2nd May 2009 at 03:00.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Must check it out out. Thanks.

PS: For an instance there, I almost read Moosoft as Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I did the same thing. I read it twice before I realized my error. The mind see's what it want's to see.

Must check it out out. Thanks.

seti is offline Member

I did exactly the same thing, cleave piece of marketing, but as one of my tutors have taught me recently: when we start to learn to read we read word for word exactly, but as we get older we tend to speed read just to get the sense of the sentance. This has been taken advantage of here and also provides a warning for us to slowly read every thing, particularly EUAs or you never know what you are getting. Good programm, by the way have run it and installed it as another level of protection.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Even I read it as Microsoft and came to know that it's Moosoft only after reading your comment.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

i too read that as microsoft once, but read it again, cozz never about such a product by MS. clever work by the developers in selecting there company name.....

Thanks you all,
    Moosoft The Cleaner was the very first anti trojan software for Windows.
    I used The Cleaner pro 2.0 in Windows95 for instance.

Many years ago common antivirus programs weren't able to detect trojans and backdoor.
    Do you remember subseven, netbus or back orifice? They were the first trojan horses with many variants, they opened some TCP/UDP ports to allow the backdoor to communicate and destroy or modify data.
    The Cleaner was able to detect and remove them.
    Furthermore the most of the peolpe didn't use a personal firewall, they simply didn't know what a firewall was and if infected they were not able to close 12345 port for instance in order to stop "back orifice" whose name, oh irony, came from Microsoft Back Office

Many software houses used "soft" (in relation to "software") or "micro" for their names, for sure some of them tried to emulate "Microsoft". I do not know the exact origin of Moosoft name.

I tested The Cleaner 5.0 and had many issues, now The Cleaner 2010 v 6.0 works smoothly with the most of antivirus programs.

They claim to be better than MalwareBytes' AntiMalware and SUPER AntiSpyware, to be honest I do not know how an antitrojan like The Cleaner 6.0 which is not updated frequently may work better than MBAM or SAS.
    However The Cleaner is a good tool to add to your own security arsenal in my humble opinion.
    And works with Windows 7 too
    Last edited by leofelix; 4th May 2009 at 19:24.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

TDS-3 was one great anti-trojan suite which shut down subsequently ...

TDS-3 was one great anti-trojan suite which shut down subsequently ...
    very true

Now diamondsCS offers an antirootkit (which is not free) which seems to be very powerful

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/dse/detections.php

Thank you HappyAndyK sir
    Last edited by leofelix; 4th May 2009 at 03:57.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast