Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nero releases free burning software version released.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Nero releases free burning software version released.

Nero releases free burning software version released.

Nero now offers a free but stripped down version of its burning software. The free version has the basic data disc burning and copying capabilities for your CDs and DVDs.

You can only burn, copy and erase a disc. It has no advanced options, no dual panel, no overburn. You can't even select a specific speed, nor burn ISOs.

Its a 55 MB download.Visit Nero - Free Version .

If you wish to unsinstall it, use Nero General CleanTool to delete all remaining Nero entries from your system.

You may also want to check out alternate freeware like ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP.

seti is offline Member

I do not really see the point of this from Nero when there is better free burning software able to do much more.

pyu.agrawal is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    I do not really see the point of this from Nero when there is better free burning software able to do much more.
    Yep.. I don't use Nero... instead I use the lightweight Imgburn. It works just fine for me

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Its a bit out dated now but I still use Nero 7. I just don't see the point in updating to Nero 8 or 9 due to the only difference apart from the look of the program is the ability to burn on to blue-ray disks. Nero 7 has never done me wrong for creating and burning home movies etc.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Nero was a good disc burning tool till it's version 7.1 but after that what they did is in front of us.....they packaged the lots of crap in Nero 9....and which make it very bulky and resource hogg....

I'll give a try to it...let's check where this release stands.....

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

nero is a bloatware nt worth now.. got a 15 dayfree key..

leofelix is offline Member

Thank you HappyAndyK,
    but please be aware: nero "free" is adware, it comes with ask toolbar, it attemps to change Internet Explorer settings.
    Moreover it displays nag screen and install an unnecessary service related to nero backup which is not available unless you buy the full version.

I installed it in a virtual environment yesterday and uninstalled suddendly: it also needs a lot of system resources

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by leofelix View Post
    Thank you HappyAndyK,
    but please be aware: nero "free" is adware, it comes with ask toolbar, it attemps to change Internet Explorer settings.
    Moreover it displays nag screen and install an unnecessary service related to nero backup which is not available unless you buy the full version.

I installed it in a virtual environment yesterday and uninstalled suddendly: it also needs a lot of system resources
    Thanks for the information my friend. Yet another reason not to use it then

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

Here is a quote from Snapfiles , this is a site I happen to trust and if they say it's no good then I don't even bother with it :

Our Rating: (Fair)

Nero 9 Free Version is a scaled down version of Nero, that offers some of the most basic CD/DVD burning features for free. It allows you to burn simple data dics (no audio or video) and create copies of unprotected discs. We were not impressed with the features, the software may be free and carries a big brand name, but we found it to be inferior to most other free burning products out there, very limited in features.

Installs the Ask.com toolbar unless you opt-out during setup.

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: Huge file size, very few features; no Audio CDs; GUI littered with news feeds and promotional tabs
    Nero is a resource hog . bloatware ....whatever you want to call it , it drags your system down , had the full store bought version installed for about a day on my system then got rid of it , needless to say that was money wasted ....... see what I mean about trying before you buy Andy?
    I use Cheetah DVD Burner or Star Burn , less weight on the system and they both run fast .
    Last edited by edee; 1st August 2009 at 13:14. Reason: missing lines

Pankaj is offline Senior Member

And its too big a download too. 55MB !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast