DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BETA Testers Needed - Oops! Backup Product

vellad is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Do you need unallocated space to mount backup volumes (like e.g. Paragon or Shadow Protect) or is "normal" freespace inside a primary partition on a second internal or an external drive sufficient.
    Normal free space - could be an internal drive or an external USB drive.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by vellad View Post
    Normal free space - could be an internal drive or an external USB drive.
    That's good. Makes it easier. Thanks for the answer. Looking forward to the test.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Signed up.... Waiting for your first BETA and w%d like to test your program.

John Galt is offline Beginner

I just signed up as well.

What sort of scenarios are you looking to support here? I am a full time student that regularly starts documents on my laptop (HP 2710p Tablet PC) and would like an easy way to sync such files to the desktop machine - it can be through any of a number of ways - Home Group, Remote Desktop, FTP, etc....

I just disabled the homegroup services on my desktop machine thinking I would not need them - but this software (provided it works with HGs) sounds like a winner to me - I'd love to be able to test additional scenarios as well, such as using with WHS (which would be rather interesting, as version control is not something that was thought about with WHS AFAICT) as well as with VMs....

Hi John,

As is now we only backup to an internal hard drive, an external drive (USB) or too a mapped network drive. I guess in your situation you would need to use a network drive.

Seeing that you are a full-time student, I think that you will like Oops! Backup (well I hope ) as its automated version control plus full preview for office documents and images is a plus when you want to go back in time to review some text you had earlier on.

David

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    I just signed up as well.

What sort of scenarios are you looking to support here? I am a full time student that regularly starts documents on my laptop (HP 2710p Tablet PC) and would like an easy way to sync such files to the desktop machine - it can be through any of a number of ways - Home Group, Remote Desktop, FTP, etc....

I just disabled the homegroup services on my desktop machine thinking I would not need them - but this software (provided it works with HGs) sounds like a winner to me - I'd love to be able to test additional scenarios as well, such as using with WHS (which would be rather interesting, as version control is not something that was thought about with WHS AFAICT) as well as with VMs....

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

How do you uninstall this software. its not listed in control panel/uninstall and has no uninstall exe in program folders

Hi Johnny,

You should be able to see Oops!Backup in the Control Panel > Add/Remove. If you do not see Oops!Backup then check Altaro - as it may depend on how your list view in the Add/Remove is sorted.

David

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    How do you uninstall this software. its not listed in control panel/uninstall and has no uninstall exe in program folders

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Thanks for the call to clear things up vellad most appreciated. Jr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12