Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any good fix-it utilities for x64 win 7

winterlord is offline Beginner

Default Are there any good fix-it utilities for x64 win 7

was wondering if there are any good fix it utilites for x64bit windows 7. and do they work? iv never quit figured out if these fix it utilities ever work, like registry opimizer, things that delete leftr behind registry keys ect.

iv used ones for other operating systems like system mechanic. but could never tell if they were usefull what do you think?

but back to the question are there any good registry tolls that work on 64bit windows 7

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by winterlord View Post
    was wondering if there are any good fix it utilites for x64bit windows 7. and do they work? iv never quit figured out if these fix it utilities ever work, like registry opimizer, things that delete leftr behind registry keys ect.

iv used ones for other operating systems like system mechanic. but could never tell if they were usefull what do you think?

but back to the question are there any good registry tolls that work on 64bit windows 7
    UWT works with all OS and is the best recommendation.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Yeah as suggest by seti and many other happy users......try TWC V2.0, the best W7 fix-it utility available in my opinion....

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

I stopped using utility suites since Vista; used to use them on XP. Registry virtualization has taken out the bloat issue which occured in Windows registry to a large extent. Reg Registry Cleaners, there is a discussion going on here about it.

System Mechanic, Ace Utilities, Tune-Up utilities are good, but really not required now for 'optimizing' the OS as such. A combination of freeware like say WinPatrol, UWT and (if you strongly feel the need for a registry/junk cleaner) CCleaner, should be good enough, for you to control your system.

John Galt is offline Beginner

Agreed - to me, registry 'cleaners' are going the way of 'memory optimizers'. A good idea on paper, but in reality no real benefit.

As for other cleaning suites, the built in disk cleaner works wonders for getting rid of a lot of junk, which keeps me happy.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

+1....totally Agreed with Andy sir, most of the customization options are by default available in Windows 7 and cleaning registry is no more required in W7 as much i am aware of the harm......

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Avoid the use of such tools....well but I'm highly impressed with Tuneup Utilities.

winterlord is offline Beginner

ok thanks for the good information. i did have a questioin though what does UWT stand for?

also yea iv had bad luck with utilities to but sinc ei sometimes redo my pc fairly frequent and fairly not i try and install loads of stuff to t6est out before i wipe pc and redo

also will have to check out tune-up utilities dont think i heard of that one yet thanks

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I stay away from all those "wonder utilities". My experience was that they make more damage than they help. There is, however, the Fix-it site by a Microsoft group that is really useful and fixes real problems ( Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services ).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast