Thread: DTweak-Tweak Vista

ha14 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default DTweak-Tweak Vista

Hi

Among other vista tweakers such as Tweak UI For Windows 7/Vista , Thoosje Vista Tweaker V1.0, WinBubble, Vispa, Vista4Experts., Vista Tweaker 0.5 beta,Ultimate Windows tweaker, XdN Tweaker we have another free tool which is DTweak. All ol of them propose such fixes that can be enabled or reversed later on. Safe use is recommended to not deteriorate windows function. As for now some propose few options more than other tweakers. Some propose description so the user can see what each one does.

Concerning of DTweak it is provided in free and pro version.

From the soft maker: After a long period of time we've finally restored DTweak's free version and now you can get it from here, use and get support free of any charges!

DTweak Free lets you customize Vista features from its interface, but the dark background was a bit hard on the eyes. Disable Start menu subfolders, hide the Control Panel, clean your Registry, defrag your hard drive, and more. The program displays your system information for quick reference. It also lets you manage your security settings for firewall, IE, and Windows updates.

With DTweak you can
    ■ defragment disks and registers,
    ■ clean registry sistem,
    ■ tune computer performance,
    ■ optimize and increase the speed of your system without manually modifying registers or ini files.

Despite being a free utility, there are a couple of features that are only available with the paid Pro version. Still, if you can brush aside a couple of minor annoyances, DTweak Free makes customizing and optimizing Vista very easy.

If you didn't see a needed feature in this release you'll see it in the next!

DTweak Free - Daoisoft Vista Free Tweak Features Page
    Last edited by ha14; 18th September 2009 at 09:27.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Yup.. DTweak is pretty good & I think I have reviewed it at my site, but I didn't like its UI. I have also come across another handy and perfect tweaking utility named Tweak N Tune (TNT).

Yap I just checked Tweak N Tune, I think supports only Windows XP if I am not mistaken
    Acelogix Software - Freeware

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Actually it supports XP & Vista officially and works (some to most tweaks) on Windows 7 as well. I have tested it 7 as well.

seti is offline Member

Still just like UWT as i think it is the best around

Thats good if Tweak N Tune (TNT) support more than XP, Well If someday we can have a serial of Dtweak pro would be nice.