Thread: New version of WinPatrol 2010 available Monday

seti is offline Member

Default New version of WinPatrol 2010 available Monday

There is a new version of the fantastic Winpatrol available on Monday 12 October 2009, but friends and fans of Winpatrol on facebook can get it now!

leofelix is offline Member

That's great.
    Winpatrol is one of my choices, one of the best software ever developed in Windows History IMHO.
    I've just logged in to facebook in order to became a fan of Winpatrol, but I haven't still found any preview or download link.

Thank you

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I am not seeing how to get it on the facebook fan page

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    I am not seeing how to get it on the facebook fan page
    If you search for Winpatrol then it turns up. Other than that send me a pm and we can become friends as I have the direct link on my facebook ok. This is for Leo an randy only

Corrine is offline Gold Member

The new super optimized version will be available to the public on Monday, October 12th. To show my appreciation to everyone who has supported WinPatrol I've made the new version available early but just to PLUS members. Just go to WinPatrol Update Information. You’ll need your name and plus code which are available on the PLUS tab in the WinPatrol software. Fans of our free version will have access on Monday.
    Bits from Bill: Super Optimized WinPatrol 2010 Coming Monday

leofelix is offline Member

thank you Corrine
    I was on the point to report the same news

Bits from Bill

I've just upgraded to WinPatrol Plus 2010

What's New

• Additional Support for Firefox 3 and Google Chrome
      Since Firefox 3 changed from cookie.txt to SQLite database format Scotty hasn't been hungry for Firefox cookies. Support for Firefox 3 has been the single most requested features. Turns out I was able to include support for the SQLite format without increasing the size of WinPatrol.exe. While I was at it I also included support for Google Chrome which also uses SQLite to store their cookies.
    • Reduced Memory Footprint
      The monitor component of WinPatrol has been optimized and shrunk so WinPatrol.exe is now only 314 KB instead of its previous 336 KB size. I’m confident you won't find a smaller Windows system monitor as powerful as WinPatrol.
    • Up to 30% Faster Performance (Sorry PLUS Only)
      Real-time scanning uses 30% less CPU than the polling provided by the free version. The real-time component has been optimized using more direct machine language then its original C coding.
    • Conflict reduction with other security applications.
      Contrary to the warnings by AV suites, Scotty has always worked and play well with others. WinPatrol.exe has been optimized to handle the results of any Windows hooks in its own code space reducing any conflicts created by other security programs.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Just wished to mention; this utility helped me learn a lot about what was going inside and around my system. That is another use of WinPatrol, imo

Thankful to BillP for having given me a Plus license. Must upgrade and check it out.

seti is offline Member

Default Up grade today

Do not forget to up grade to day