DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 is now FREE

leofelix is offline Member

Thumbs up Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 is now FREE

Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition is an excellent, multi-talented hard drive management app. So, what can you do with it? For starters, it will create and restore images of your hard drives and partitions. There's also a built-in tool for creating bootable rescue media (either CD or USB flash drive).

Tasks can be scheduled to run at regular intervals, and you can also create differential jobs (which only back up files that have changed since the previous backup). On massive partitions, the differential option can really speed up the imaging process.

You can also mount previously created images so you can explore them like any other folder or disk on your computer - or manually add additional files.

In addition to backup and imaging tasks, Backup & Recovery can also perform a number of partition management tasks. Use it to create, format (FAT32, NTFS, EXT2/3/4, Linux Swap), and hide partitions as well as check filesystem integrity and check for surface defects.

Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free is loaded with great features. It's simple enough for casual users and powerful enough to be of use to seasoned veterans.

It's free for non-commercial use and downloads are provided for both 32 and 64-bit Windows. You will need to register for a serial number, but it's well worth the minimal effor
    Source: Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 is a great free imaging and partitioning tool

Added support for Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit

Features:

Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition - Overview

download link

Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition - Free Download

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I agree that this is the most powerful FREE backup solution!

seti is offline Member

I also agree with with tweak this is one of the very best applications that you can get for this purpose. Thanks for posting it here

zen67 is offline Senior Member

tnx...

leo

Debsue is offline New Member

Default Creating a System Recovery Disk

So, this Paragon Backup & Recovery 10, it will create a new system recovery disk to replace the one that is out of date? If I just upgraded to Windows XP Home & Student, will that be on the system recovery disk when created? Any assistance is appreciated.

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Debsue View Post
    So, this Paragon Backup & Recovery 10, it will create a new system recovery disk to replace the one that is out of date? If I just upgraded to Windows XP Home & Student, will that be on the system recovery disk when created? Any assistance is appreciated.
    Correct, at any time you can Create a bootable USB Flash drive, CD or DVD to recover your PC on demand.

It is recommended too make a recovery disk straight after installing a new operating system, however it is possible to make at any time.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Reading the 2 previous posts I sense a confusion about the word "recovery disk". Let me explain.

With all the imaging programs I know (e.g. Paragon, Ghost, Macrium), the recovery disk - usually a CD - you burn from the imaging program right after you installed it. This program which is usually run with a Linux distro allows you to pull in an image of your system. The CD loads from the CD reader and needs your BIOS to be setup to load from CD first.

The image of your system, however, is scheduled by you and one usually takes the first image right after the operating system has been installed and setup. But after that, one usually takes subsequent images whenever changes are being made to the installation (e,g, further programs being installed or further settings being done). Most people take an image on a regular basis (either scheduled in the imaging program or manually triggered). I take an image of my systems every second day. That way I can be sure not to lose too much of my work in case I have to pull in a prior image because of an emergency.

Images can be burnt to DVDs (not CD), but it is recommended to use an extra external or internal disk for the purpose. Reason is size. A DVD holds 4.7GB, but an image can range from 7GB (for a newly installed Windows7) to 100GB for a system that is loaded with data and has no seperate data partition. The latter would require 22 DVDs for one image which makes it impractical - also from a time point of view.

Imaging is the safest way to protect yourself against any harm done to your installation - system failure, disk failure or malware. You can always go back to your last image (and that should not be too old). For an average system, restoring from an image takes between 20 minutes to one hour depending on the size of the image and the speed of your hardware. But that beats a reinstallation from scratch by a lot.

carl606 is offline Beginner

Default backup and Recovery software

Hello.

I have acronis on my vista computer, but rather paying another 40 i thought i would download " paragon backup and recovery "

To be honest it seems a lot better and faster than acronis true image home 2009...

So far i have backed up all the partions, basically the whole computer.
    There's still a lot more to know, but have i installed a good backup and recovery program...

cat
    cat is offline New Member

Good to be onboard!