Thread: 20 essential free apps for your new Windows 7 PC

soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

Smile 20 essential free apps for your new Windows 7 PC

The world feels like a better place when developers work hard to create amazing free software that does the job just as well, or even better than the paid versions.

Here are 20 free Windows 7 applications that stand out in terms of quality of results you get from them. Ninite is a quick and easy way to download most of these applications into a single customised installer.

1. GIMP

The Paint application got a much needed improvement in Windows 7, but it doesn't cater to the needs of professionals and by no stretch of imagination can it be considered a Photoshop replacement.

GIMP, a diamond of freebies, is simply remarkable in terms of quality and quantity, with an array of options. From 3D perspective tools to eye-popping render effects, GIMP impresses throughout. (For a less professional based image editor, Paint.Net is a good alternative).

More @ techradar

seti is offline Member

There are plenty of these similar items about at the moment I've come across them at computeractive and computerworld. I was waiting to see what tweakwindows thought of them before posting, because from what I could make out most of the he has already suggested or mentioned previously.

Jal
    Jal is offline Windows Enthusiast

Yet another list.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Such lists like Top 10 wallpapers, Top 10 Themes, etc gets good hits hence maybe we see so many of them

Jal
    Jal is offline Windows Enthusiast

^^ Exactly. To the point comment.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Thanks Soumya !! Few are new to me....but I used to use few of them, but aint tried on Windows 7.

CCleaer rocks