DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MalAware: Smallest & Fastest anti-malware from Emsisoft !

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up MalAware: Smallest & Fastest anti-malware from Emsisoft !

hi !

a new online Antimalware-scanner from Emsisoft, the company who makes a-squared:

"The basic idea behind MalAware was to create build the smallest possible (1 mb) and the fastest possible malware scanner (scan in less than 1 minute) that will only provide an indication of whether a PC is infected with malware or not.

However, it should still get the full Emsi Software technology with more than 3 million known nasties. Not an easy task - but our developers have found ways and means to meet these seemingly impossible combinable requirements.

By combining a strongly limited version of the signature database of known malware paths with a cloud based scan of all active processes, MalAware achieves a similar accuracy as a-squared Anti-Malware.

MalAware does not require software installation and can be started immediately for a quick first control of possibly infected PCs."

If it detects that your PC is infected, the second step is to download the big a-squared Anti-Malware 30 days trial (NOT FREE) package to remove the malware and protect the PC against new infections."

Download MalAware:

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/malaware/
    Last edited by leofelix; 30th November 2009 at 00:11. Reason: Title - Direct link download removed

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the tip! Looking forward to trying it out.

leofelix is offline Member

Hi hackerman1
    thank you
    I was aware of MalAware from emsisoft. I tested it, it is fast too fast: it scans only the most important area.
    I thought it was free, but only scanning is free: if any malware is found MalAware asks you to buy A-squared antimalware in order to remove infections found.

Very similar to PREVX I have to say

hi !

leofelix: why buy a2 ?
    i havenīt tried MalAware, but as the info from Emsisoft in my post above says:
    "....the second step is to download the big
    a-squared Anti-Malware package to remove the malware..."
    they donīt say "BUY"...

Emsisoft:
    "a-squared Free
    Get rid of Malware with our free tool - but please note that it does not include real-time protection. "

a-squared FREE:
    a-squared Free - Free of charge Anti-Virus, Anti-Trojan, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Dialer and Anti-Worm Software - Freeware!

so you donīt have to "BUY" a2 to clean your PC...

@ hackerman1: try it, and you'll find out that MalAware will ask you to buy a-squared antimalware in order to remove malware found.
    And I tested it in a system with a-squared antimalware full installed:-)

I simply used a known a-squared false positive which I had previously whitelisted in a-squared antimalware full

And it is a portable scanner not exatcly an online scanner even if it uses Cloud technology
    Last edited by leofelix; 29th November 2009 at 00:54. Reason: snapshot added

seti is offline Member

Following the above I wonder what Corrine makes of it? As she has not mentioned it anywhere to my knowledge so far it makes me wonder how good it is because she is usually on the ball with these things and we all know we can trust what she says

hi !

leofelix: "...you'll find out that MalAware will ask you to buy a-squared antimalware in order to remove malware found."

now i see what you mean, but you are wrong, you misunderstand what they say.

they donīt say that you MUST buy a2, "you are urgently advised to use a-squared to run a thorough scan....", then they are encouraging / suggesting you to buy a2.

but, as i posted above: "Get rid of Malware with our free tool..."
    you CAN remove malware with a2-free, so you donīt have to buy a2-fullversion.

@ hackerman1: I do not doubt that it is possible to clean malware found by using a-squared free...

but this is what I see

hi !

leofelix: yes, but you misunderstand....
    read my previous post above.
    Last edited by hackerman1; 29th November 2009 at 01:06.

seti is offline Member

Advised and have to buy is the difference here. Emisosft are pushing to you to buy their other products, but from my reading are not saying that you have to do so to remove malware. Many companies use so called "free" applications to hook you into buying other products. It has been happening as long as I can remember, and what is here is just another one of those. What they are saying is that it is free, but buy this other application which we really want you to buy in the first place. The only point that I would make is there are other products that are really free in that they are not advertisements for other products by the same company. So both of you are correct in what you are saying my friends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast