DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Fresh Ram 5.0-Facebook Offer

azziz07 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Fresh Ram 5.0-Facebook Offer

Hi

Become a Facebook Fan of Reohix today and you will benefit from a Free Lifetime License of Fresh RAM worth $14.99!
    Last edited by azziz07; 4th July 2010 at 07:54.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

and what is FreshRAM good for ?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I think its a fraudulent offer

EDIT: Ive been told its genuine...

I have been told its a genuine offer.

So pls repost the link

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thumbs down

We are kidding right ?

I Went to Reohix's page for directions which directed me to the facebook page , I clicked the "Like" button as directed then the "Fans" tab like directed , after allowing the fans application access to my profile my browser went NUTS with redirects ..... I don't think it was anything malicious but I tell you what , anything with that many redirects cannot be good .

I'll skip the offer in order to keep my facebook account safe .... Thanks anyway.

Duh ... now I'm confused! Someone tried it and told me that its genuine.

So anyway ... unless we get new inputs, pls use your discretion!

hi !

a lot of redirects ?
    oh !
    that canīt be good...

anyway, as i posted above: "and what is FreshRAM good for ?"

from what iīve learned, all those RAM-optimizers are just BS.
    they delete the Prefetch-cache which although gives you more memory, doesnīt improve the performance at all.

on the contrary, since it deletes the "Prefetch-cache", you lose performance....

the only program that really does something useful is Cleanmem:

"Cleanmem is very small as it doesn't need to do much. First off Cleanmem doesn't clean the memory from the processes itself! It asks Windows to do that. When the program starts up it grabs a list of running processes. It then grabs the ID of each process and calls the Windows API EmptyWorkingSet for each processes, Cleanmem of course checks the ignore list and skips those processes. Then Windows cleans the process, and once all the processes have been cleaned Cleanmem closes itself.

Well that's the part that seems to freak some people out, if the memory is being cleaned then the process itself will suffer! the memory will be pushed to the hard drive! the world will end! And guess what they are wrong. So let me explain why. The API call only removes memory no longer being used by the process. It doesn't touch memory in use. Here is an example from a visual basic programming stand point"

CleanMem v.1.5.0 | PcWinTech.com?

View Video Of How CleanMem Works: CleanMem V1.5 |

CleanMem works well, iīve used it for 2 years on XP Vista & W7.

itīs FREE, so try it....

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

hi !

i have created a new thread about CleanMem:
    http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...lly-works.html

if you have any questions, post in that thread...
    Last edited by hackerman1; 4th July 2010 at 15:10.

azziz07 is offline Windows Enthusiast

cleanmem looks nice (thanks for the link) and thanks for the tutorial, but some less experts would like to work faster and less efforts to created lists....so it will be better ifcleanmem gets a new face and just less work to make it run. Possibly instal and forget option would be great.

Its true that possibly freshram will not make pc running faster if the pc its equipped with more than 2go ram....well i tried and if i am doing something wrong then its just telling me YOU HAVE MORE RAM LIBERATED!

Quote Originally Posted by azziz07 View Post
    cleanmem looks nice (thanks for the link) and thanks for the tutorial, but some less experts would like to work faster and less efforts to created lists....so it will be better ifcleanmem gets a new face and just less work to make it run. Possibly instal and forget option would be great.

Its true that possibly freshram will not make pc running faster if the pc its equipped with more than 2go ram....well i tried and if i am doing something wrong then its just telling me YOU HAVE MORE RAM LIBERATED!
    not sure what you mean, you only need to run Install_32bit_OS.bat (or 64)
    then you can forget about it....

you can also run it manually if you want to.

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by edee View Post
    We are kidding right ?

I Went to Reohix's page for directions which directed me to the facebook page , I clicked the "Like" button as directed then the "Fans" tab like directed , after allowing the fans application access to my profile my browser went NUTS with redirects ..... I don't think it was anything malicious but I tell you what , anything with that many redirects cannot be good .

I'll skip the offer in order to keep my facebook account safe .... Thanks anyway.
    No pop ups, no redirects just a normal fan page with a free offer. I had no problems and my privacy settings are unchanged and intact.