Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Feedback: System Restore Manager for Windows 7

HairyToe is offline New Member

Here is the output for Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Swedish, hope you can fix it.
    Thanks
    Alan

Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Med ensamrätt.

C:\Windows\system32>vssadmin list shadowstorage
    vssadmin 1.1 - Kommandoradsverktyg för administration av tjänsten Volume Shadow
    Copy.
    (C) Copyright 2001-2005 Microsoft Corp.

Association för lagring av skuggkopia
       För volym: (F:)\\?\Volume{21f9a4ad-8552-11e0-a079-806e6f6e6963}\
       Lagringsvolym för skuggkopia: (F:)\\?\Volume{21f9a4ad-8552-11e0-a079-806e6f6e
    6963}\
       Använt lagringsutrymme: 44.141 MB (0%)
       Allokerat lagringsutrymme: 357.781 MB (6%)
       Största tillåtna lagringsutrymme: 358.558 MB (7%)

För volym: (D:)\\?\Volume{21f9a4a8-8552-11e0-a079-806e6f6e6963}\
       Lagringsvolym för skuggkopia: (D:)\\?\Volume{21f9a4a8-8552-11e0-a079-806e6f6e
    6963}\
       Använt lagringsutrymme: 710.766 MB (3%)
       Allokerat lagringsutrymme: 0.985 GB (4%)
       Största tillåtna lagringsutrymme: 1 GB (5%)

För volym: (E:)\\?\Volume{49774c77-854a-11e0-bc9c-806e6f6e6963}\
       Lagringsvolym för skuggkopia: (E:)\\?\Volume{49774c77-854a-11e0-bc9c-806e6f6e
    6963}\
       Använt lagringsutrymme: 54.014 GB (17%)
       Allokerat lagringsutrymme: 56.939 GB (18%)
       Största tillåtna lagringsutrymme: 91.952 GB (30%)

För volym: (C:)\\?\Volume{7695700c-7cc1-11e0-a7dc-806e6f6e6963}\
       Lagringsvolym för skuggkopia: (C:)\\?\Volume{7695700c-7cc1-11e0-a7dc-806e6f6e
    6963}\
       Använt lagringsutrymme: 347.531 MB (0%)
       Allokerat lagringsutrymme: 655.938 MB (1%)
       Största tillåtna lagringsutrymme: 803.434 MB (1%)
    Last edited by HairyToe; 24th July 2011 at 15:32.

Metrotek is offline New Member

Default Shadow Storage

What does this mean:

"The specified volume shadow copy storage association was not found."

pcuser is offline New Member

I am unable to post image links in this thread, so I cannot properly show you the relevant screen displays.

Anyway, my problem is this: It seems the System Restore Manager v2 in my system is not showing the correct information about my restore points storage. In SRM2, the left window shows the restore points (RED), but the Disk Space information to the right are indicating those of shadow copies (YELLOW). imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/srm2a.jpg/

Based on my settings and from executing vssadmin list shadowstorage, the maximum storage space is 60GB for Volume C (restore points, RED) and 6GB for Volume D (shadow copies, YELLOW).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/srm1a.jpg/

My Windows 7 Home Premium x64 crashed a little over a week ago. Before, the shadow copy was not functioning (e.g., no Previous Versions available) due to certain Windows settings. During that time, only *one* volume was shown from executing vssadmin list shadowstorage and SRM2 would show the correct system restore storage information on the left and right sides of its window.

After my Windows crashed and I reinstalled a new copy, the shadow copy became functional (Previous Versions now available), but now the SRM2 is showing the system restore points to its left (RED) and the shadow copy storage info to its right (YELLOW).

How do I make the SRM2 show only the restore points storage information without disabling the shadow copy again?

Last edited by HappyAndyK; 15th November 2011 at 12:59. Reason: Linked

This is an update of my earlier post. I used Shadow Explorer to check the Volumes C and D (imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/srm1a.jpg/), and I was surprised to find out that the Volume D shadow copy actually contains shadow copies of my physical Drive D. You might say Of course, you idiot! but...

I had not turned protection on for that particular drive. Even now, the drive's protection is indicated as off under System Protection. If I click the Configure button for Drive D, however, I can see that 6GB in Disk Space Usage is allocated, but system protection is off (no system restore) under Restore Settings. From this discovery, I am thinking that the settings for system protection relate to System Restore, whereas Disk Space Usage may reflect information on System Restore and Shadow Copy, or Shadow Copy alone, like in the case of my Volume D.

My original problem was that the SRM2 is not showing correct information about my restore points storage (refer to imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/srm2a.jpg/). Now, I am thinking that the part to the right (YELLOW) is NOT reflecting the actual storage information but simply entry boxes for setting the size of disk storage for uh... shadow copies, or for System Restore as SRM2 puts it.

Thanks for the information and the SRM.

philumax is offline New Member

Good morning.
    I introduce myself: philumax, French, and I just signed up.
    to write this post, I go through google ...
    I never learned English, except for dragging on the internet and is not nearly enough!
    I read the post diagonally and as I use "Quick Restore Maker", I wondered if anyone can give me a little help: I have a system that is a mix of SSD and RAID.
    my SSD is very small (60GB), I said banned for restoration.
    But I realized in doing so as "Quick Restore Maker" does not create a restore point.
    I guess its programming stops at C: drive (it already, for a soft free).
    Then I came to see here, to see if it's hopeless (I have not seen any configuration file, so it's a simple executable).
    thank you.
    more.

helmut55 is offline New Member

Under Windows 7 the GR_System Restore Manager v2 works and now I've tried it under windows 8 consumer prewiew x64 to install.
    No response - not even my administrative rights.

pegasus is offline New Member

No matter what I set as the "Maximum Space to Use" (320 MB seems to be the default), it reverts back to 320 MB the next time I open the program.

Then when I hit "Apply Changes, it always "Error determining disk space for system restore to set".

I dont' get it

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Try the cmd command:

vssadmin resize shadowstorage /for=c: /on=c: /maxsize=10%

or any other percentage you like to use. Note: 320MB is the first default allocation for the shadowstorage. You can check it with this command:

vssadmin list shadowstorage
    Last edited by whs; 7th April 2012 at 01:00.

ceedeei is offline New Member

I have downloaded the restore manager a few minutes ago and it looks great, just what I needed. Unfortunately it seems that my computer wont let anyone or anything make restore points. My hard drive is protected and I have allocated 4% of the space for shadow memory. When I try a restore point through the normal windows system I get an error saying I do not have enough space. When I check on the number of restore points there aren't any. If I use the elevated command mode to check on this I can see that there are 0 bytes in the 'used copy storage space' and 0 bytes in the 'allocated shadow copy storage space' and 7.45 GB in the 'maximum shadow storage space. Exactly the same figures are shown in your Restore Manager. When I use the manager to try and make a restore point it tells me that the restore poibnt system is disabled and would I like to enable it. I click on the enable button but nothing changes. I realise this has nothing to do with your program and it is something to do with my computer so how do I manually enable restore points as I thought protecting the drives did that automatically.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast