Thread: Feedback: Windows Event Viewer Plus

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Post Feedback: Windows Event Viewer Plus

Windows Event Viewer Plus is a portable freeware app that lets you view Event Logs faster than the default in-built Windows Event Viewer and do much more!

Windows Event Viewer Plus has been created by Lee Whittington for The Windows Club.

If there are any problems, please do report them and offer any suggestions in this thread. More features are planned for the next release as this is intended to be a quick access tool to help users easily manage their PC problems.

bluechipps is offline New Member

Looks great! Fast, free, and portable. I only have one complaint and it may just be a pet peeve of mine but for some reason resizing of the main application window is disabled.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluechipps View Post
    Looks great! Fast, free, and portable. I only have one complaint and it may just be a pet peeve of mine but for some reason resizing of the main application window is disabled.
    Welcome to The Windows Club bluechips and thanks for the feedback. There is a good reason why there is no window resizing but I can't say why just yet without giving away secrets. I can promise that this will be fixed in the future.

bkr3 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Another Cool App by L.W

L.W Rocksss

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Thanks BKR3. Glad you like it

Ktulu789 is offline New Member

It doesn't show events
    No accessible entries to display.
    I have Win XP pro SP3 in spanish.

Also I connected to a Win 2003 Enterprise SP2 in english with same result.
    I came over this app searching for something that lets filter out certain events. Currently Event Viewer lets filter to show especific events, a function that does the opposite would be fantastic and that is what I am looking for.
    Say for instance that I want to hide some three or more events that appear repeatedly and annoyingly. If a filter like this could be activated with right click it would be excellent. Hiding same source and number of events across the whole list.

HyperPete is offline New Member

Default Inability to sort by colums renders this useless

Win 7 Enterprise, 64-bit

This does load the logs quickly, but the inability to sort events makes navigating a large log painfully difficult. I'll wait the extra few seconds for the Windows Event Viewer to load the logs in order to be able to see the most recent events at the top of the page, rather than having to scroll until I find them.

Also, it would be nice to be able to maximize or re-size the window...