DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Mozilla Firefox 4 RC for Windows, Mac and Linux

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Default Mozilla Firefox 4 RC for Windows, Mac and Linux

Mozilla Firefox 4 Release Candidate for Windows, Mac and Linux Now Available | The Mozilla Blog

Mozilla Firefox 4 for Windows, Mac and Linux has exited the beta cycle and is now available as a release candidate in more than 70 languages. The millions of users testing Firefox 4 will be automatically updated to this version and will join our Mozilla QA team in validating the new features, enhanced performance and stability and HTML5 capabilities in Firefox 4. Testers are encouraged to check out the Web O’ Wonder in order to see the future of the Web with cutting edge demos that showcase the incredible online experiences developers can now create and users can experience. Developers can submit their own demos to the Mozilla Developer Network Demo Studio.
    Download Firefox 4 RC
    Learn more about the features
    Firefox RC Frequently Asked Questions

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Cool Demo Site

I went to this FF 4rc demo site and it told me i needed my video driver updated (laptop is 5 days old?)

Pretty cool stuff after I updated my driver.

https://demos.mozilla.org/en-US/

Looks like a lot of bugs have been fixed and almost all my favorite add-ons work. I like it very much so far. I am comparing it to IE9 RC.

FYI. I Googled and found that Intel has a very nice driver scanner.

Intel® Driver Update Utility
    Last edited by roraniel; 10th March 2011 at 19:12.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Both nice finds, roraniel Thanks!

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    I went to this FF 4rc demo site and it told me i needed my video driver updated (laptop is 5 days old?)

Pretty cool stuff after I updated my driver.

[/url]
    you need a NEWER driver for "Hardware acceleration".

" Full Hardware Acceleration
    Experience super-fast graphics acceleration with Direct2D and Direct3D on Windows, XRender on Linux and OpenGL on Mac, now enabled by default, on all supported hardware."

Firefox 4 RC Features

my laptop is only a few weeks old, but it is was manufactured Q1 2010, so Intel had several newer versions of the graphics driver available for download yesterday....

roraniel is offline Gold Member

After one week I must say I think IE9 RTM is faster than Firefox 4.0 RC, on my setup at least. This through no scientific measurements just general but heavy use during the day. My work keeps me online all day doing various tasks so what I did was use FF 4 one day then IE9 the next. Another observation I have made is that IE9 still has some issues rendering some pages properly but I assume that will get worked out. For instance I cannot see my contact list on my Google Apps Email account.

I generally like the look and feel of IE9 better as well but I do miss two email watcher ad-ons I use a lot in FF.

What is the best way to get feedback to MS on issues like this? I don't see a beta type feedback button or anything.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

The tabs keeps separating out into separate FF windows :|