DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By J_B_MVP
  • 1 Post By J_B_MVP

Thread: SoftMaker Office 2008 - Free Office Suite

japp is offline Gold Member

Default SoftMaker Office 2008 - Free Office Suite

You can now download a fully functional and permanently usable version of the SoftMaker Office 2008 office suite.

SoftMaker Office is a complete and full-featured office that comes with a word processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation-graphics program.

Includes: TextMaker Word processor, PlanMaker Spreadsheet, SoftMaker for Presentations.

SoftMaker Office 2008: Download this full-featured office suite for free!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Woah - never heard of this one - so thanks again for the heads up.

http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...ft-office.html may also interest some if they are looking for Office Alternatives.

japp is offline Gold Member

Your welcome.
    I bought the 2010 version from an offer earlier

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

Users' don't always realise that there are alternatives to Microsoft Office. For the average user Office is far to complex for what they actually want to achieve; however, because most OEMs put a trial copy onto new computers everyone thinks that Microsoft Office is the only Office program available. Microsoft Office, of cause, is the de-facto office program but not everyone is a budding author or magazine editor who needs dual column pages or image inserts. Most simply want to run off the odd letter or two, so why waste hard earned cash on Microsoft Office when you can get alternatives for a lot less or even for free.
    japp likes this.

Soul is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_MVP View Post
    Users' don't always realise that there are alternatives to Microsoft Office. For the average user Office is far to complex for what they actually want to achieve; however, because most OEMs put a trial copy onto new computers everyone thinks that Microsoft Office is the only Office program available. Microsoft Office, of cause, is the de-facto office program but not everyone is a budding author or magazine editor who needs dual column pages or image inserts. Most simply want to run off the odd letter or two, so why waste hard earned cash on Microsoft Office when you can get alternatives for a lot less or even for free.
    I couldn't agree more and with Google Docs having taken off the way that it has, the dominance of Microsoft Office software faces yet another challenge. The bundling of MS Office trials with new computers along with sales to corporations who fear veering from the tried, tested and trusted suggest that MS Office will continue to be the de facto software for some years to come.

Always good to hear of alternatives.

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

@Soul,

We also forget the most important reason why OEM's bundle Microsoft Word with their new systems, Money. As the OEMs are effectively acting as affiliates to Microsoft the OEM inevitably gets a cut out of the initial sale of Microsoft Office once the trial period is over - well that is assuming the owner of the PC decides to buy the full version of Microsoft Office. Personally I do have an affection for Microsoft Office, but then some would say I was in a privleged position. However, I do like to see free software, but it has to be good to get my seal of approval, if it isn't then I don't want to know. A point in fact is an application, which I will not name, I was asked to review recently. I received the software and the product key and duly installed it on my PC. Within the first fifteen minutes of my initial review I had come across so many problems that I emailed the company and simply said 'contact me again when you have a product worthy of review.' Even they had to agree that the problems I had experienced were unacceptable. Still that is the disadvatages of reviewing software; people reply upon 'your' word so it is pointless hyping up an application just to please the developer when, in truth, you know deep down that the application you are currently reviewing is rubbish.
    japp likes this.