DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING! FlippingPDF is infected!!

japp is offline Gold Member

Default WARNING! FlippingPDF is infected!!

First of all, there's an article about the program here: Flipping PDF Reader, a smart free Adobe PDF Reader alternative for Windows | The Windows Club

When I installed the program yesterday I got several warning from Comodo Firewall which I didn't find useful. Ashampoo Malware came up with this one:

which I believed was a false positive.

I checked the file at VirusTotal, Jotti's and Metascan and the best they came up with was only one warning so that convinced me this was a false positive.

I'm using HOSTS from Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File and I started to notice that it didn't block as usual making me wonder why. I started to think of FlippingPDF and the warning so I re-checke it once again online with no better result.

Today the online scans have different results:

What have I learned form this? Better safe than sorry so only one warning is better trust and that VirusTotal seems to be the best of those 3 online scanners.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for the heads up japp! I will make a note of this, in the TWC post.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

and where did you download it from ?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

hi Andy !

no, i didnīt ask where he read about it, is asked where he downloaded it from...

I downloaded it from the home page: Flipping PDF Reader

Quote Originally Posted by japp View Post
    I downloaded it from the home page: Flipping PDF Reader
    OK.
    thanks.

i asked because i wondered if it was downloaded from one of the bigger websites like majorgeek, softpedia etc.
    this once again shows that you should be VERY carefull when you read about new software from unknown companies.
    itīs always a good idea to check on the internet what others say about it BEFORE you install it....

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    OK.
    thanks.

i asked because i wondered if it was downloaded from one of the bigger websites like majorgeek, softpedia etc.
    this once again shows that you should be VERY carefull when you read about new software from unknown companies.
    itīs always a good idea to check on the internet what others say about it BEFORE you install it....
    I ought to have included where I downloaded it from, but since I referred to the TWC article and the download link is there I thought it was sufficient.

well, even if there is a link in the TWC-article, that doesnīt mean that you have downloaded the program from THAT link....

there are many people that "like to" download from certain websites even though they are told to download only DIRECTLY from the source (program creator).

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    well, even if there is a link in the TWC-article, that doesnīt mean that you have downloaded the program from THAT link....

there are many people that "like to" download from certain websites even though they are told to download only DIRECTLY from the source (program creator).
    Yes, I agree with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast