Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By achz

Thread: Download a TON of free Windows Icons at once

achz is offline Beginner

Default Download a TON of free Windows Icons at once

There are lots of places all over the web to grab Windows Icons from, but in my experience, the majority of them aren't really free, in that they will let you download maybe 10 or 20 and then require a subscription fee if you want to get more, or be able to download more than one Icon at a time.

I recently found a website that gives you 1,640 Icons in one download that I thought I'd share with this forums members.

creativefreedom.co.uk

Just click the Blue download free button and you'll get a ZIP file 68.8MB in size.

Inside that zip file, you'll find 1,640 custom icons that are 100% Free for non-commercial use.

Extract the zip file contents to a temporary folder and you'll have the following folders;

• 16x16 - All Icons in .png format saved to 16 x 16 pixels in size you can easily manipulate and convert to .ico
    • 24x24 - All Icons in .png format saved to 24 x 24 pixels in size you can easily manipulate and convert to .ico
    • 32x32 - All Icons in .png format saved to 32 x 32 pixels in size you can easily manipulate and convert to .ico
    • 48x48 - All Icons in .png format saved to 48 x 48 pixels in size you can easily manipulate and convert to .ico
    • glyph - All Icons in .png format in various sizes - so that you can easily manipulate and convert to .ico for yourself
    • icns - All Icons in .icns format - these are in MAC format for Macintosh users
    • ico - All Icons in .ico format, ready to use with Windows

Total Size on Disk of all the above-extracted folders is 220 MB

Now. so you don't waste your time like I did, be aware that all of the above folders have exactly the same 1,640 icons in them - just saved in different ways

I've found a lot of very well designed custom icons in the above collection so thought it well worth the download. Hope you do too.

Enjoy...

Andrew
    HappyAndyK likes this.

DeborahJ is offline Senior Member

Thank you for this.

achz is offline Beginner

You're very welcome DeborahJ, hope you find some good icons in there

Regards, Andrew