Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Forum Feedback, Suggestions, Questions, Announcements Here

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I think the Edit option is enabled for 24 or 48 hrs currently by the Forum Admin.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    I think the Edit option is enabled for 24 or 48 hrs currently by the Forum Admin.

But that is my point. There should not be any time limit. I wonder anyhow why they limit the time. What's the purpose?

ravi_9793 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    But that is my point. There should not be any time limit. I wonder anyhow why they limit the time. What's the purpose?
    There can be many reason for same... like:
    1) Suppose a user make some good posts and after few days just edit his/ her posts and add few links in all posts.

2) Suppose user account is hacked, the hacker can delete all posts of the user.

To avoid such situations, these settings are done.

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

well so be it..ive had someone impersonate me on another forum -which is almost like a hack. look for double posts from me in near future -*evil laugh ..nahh.. j/k

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Pankaj View Post
    There should be button somewhere where you can click to see your own posts. Some forums have it. Makes it easier to trace your posts, I feel.
    Just click your username in a post, or, when you are logged in, click your name after the "Welcome Pankaj" in the top right corner under the WinVistaClub Forum banner.

James is offline Microsoft MVP

A 24 time limit is quite generous...one forum I am a member of has something like a 5 or 10 min limit, which is way too short. I often will post something, then think of something else to add (like a link, for example) only to find that I had to create another post right under my initial post. Just doesn't look aesthetically pleasing!

seti is offline Member

Question

I know I am being stupidbut how will these changes effective us, that is the "ordinary" members here? Will we notice the changes and will we still be able to use it as we are now? Apart from that can I just say that I appricate the hard work at everyone does on our behalf. Perhaps to share the burden of cost we could have a voluntary payment to help with the cost?I don't know how this could be set up, but I wouldn't mind making a contribution if it helped to keep this forum going

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default odd suggestion, hear me out

wouldnt it make sense for the MVPs to have their names in identifiable group colors? their member colors clash with reg members. example-

in stats: v3loc1ty, James, Corrine, Alsiladka

purple or green lol
    eh?

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

I have to agree with you on this one I would like to see this too, good idea v3loc1ty.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by v3loc1ty View Post
    wouldnt it make sense for the MVPs to have their names in identifiable group colors? their member colors clash with reg members. example-

in stats: v3loc1ty, James, Corrine, Alsiladka

purple or green lol
    eh?
    Have to agree with you on this a very good idea I am sure that AndyK or James or some one else will look into it if there is enough support

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast